Volti Audio Vittoras

Hello all. Late last week I received my Volti Audio Vittoras from Greg Roberts. I must say I am very, very happy. This is the first speaker system that I have heard that actually invites me to sit down and listen. The midrange is clear, appropriately detailed and well dispersed into the room. I understand he uses a horn flare called tractrix. I love acoustic bass and the Vittoras create a cello in my livingroom. I have heard speaker system that recreate the cello and upright bass but not actually bring the bass instrument into my livingroom for me to enjoy. I am just pleased as punch with overall sound, warm and detailed is the best way I can sum their sound up. Oh, and the Koa veener finish is splendid. I will share some photos. Cheers, Dale.

post-45024-13819640992934_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest " "

To me, It looks more like a LaScala II than a Belle. The dog house 1st turn also looks more like a LaScala than a Belle.

I certainly can't forget the outrageous crossovers.

Are those on Oak boards? Doesn't Oak clash with Koa? Pffffft everyone knows that Oak goes with fish and Ebony goes with Koa!! [;)]

They ARE more like La Scala II's. In fact, the dimensions of the bass horn is almost identical.

I don't believe they go any deeper than the LSII's.

I do believe the bracing makes more of a difference than the thicker material for building the bass horns. Now that I've had a chance to build both 3/4" and 1", and test them, I can definately say the bracing is the key to eliminating resonances of the sidewalls. I was not able to detect any difference in sound quality between 3/4" and 1" bass horn construction with both being braced. REW tests were identical.

More pictures of the Vittora speakers here www.voltiaudio.com/vittora.shtml

Greg

post-11090-13819641074856_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They ARE more like La Scala II's. In fact, the dimensions of the bass horn is almost identical.

duh...you think...what a coincidence.

I agree that it looks more like a LaScala II. That means it will sound deeper than an original LaScala and that's a good thing.

nope. The LaScala II uses a highly optimized crossover network which has high slopes, zobel circuts and notch filters. this cabinet is a good copy, but the crossover network to achieve lascala II bass performance has not been demonstrated to be within the capability of the originator of this copy.

post-22082-13819641661422_thumb.png

Speakerfritz

he said it looks like a La Scala II and will go lower than an original La Scala not lower than the LS II.

" I agree that it looks more like a LaScala II. That means it will sound
deeper than an original LaScala
and that's a good thing."

he said it looks like a La Scala II and will go lower than an original La Scala not lower than the LS II.

I know what he said....he said it sounds deeper to him....thats fine....we are all entitled to an opinion......he also said the dimensions are almost identical to a LaScala II, I agree with that...is a very good appearance copy.