So in a fight.....

Have not heard a pair of KLF30 but have listened to the RF7 and have some KLF20. Based upon the designs I would put my money on the KLF30 in the third round. That's from a three way perspective. A good two way like the CF-3 would KO in the second round. Best regards Moray James.

...had both. KLF-30's [Y]

The 30's give me the smoothness of an RF-7 and the musicality of a three-way Heritage. It's like the best of both worlds. Truly an underrated speaker....perhaps because it wasn't in production for very long?

They're placement sensitive like most Klipsch. Get it right and they're absolutely magical. Tubes on the horns will take them to another level.

Good Luck. [:D]

...had both. KLF-30's Yes

The 30's give me the smoothness of an RF-7 and the musicality of a three-way Heritage. It's like the best of both worlds. Truly an underrated speaker....perhaps because it wasn't in production for very long?

They're placement sensitive like most Klipsch. Get it right and they're absolutely magical. Tubes on the horns will take them to another level.

Good Luck. Big Smile

Please don't say things like this until I get a pair. lol

Seti: I just have to tell you what a fantastic site you have! Thanks for the hard work and effort to build up such a remarkable collection of audio wonder and knowledge. By the way I want to know where I can get one of those blonde record changers you have on the first page today? Best regards Moray James.

Ya that's what I was thinking. There was a guy selling some here on the forum locally for me, but he hasn't either been online or has already sold them and hasn't said anything. So the wait continues. Man I want me some klf-30's!

you can snag some KLF20's for the horns and reconfigure the crossovers, Bob Crites has 12 inch woofers which he says are very good replacements build new cabinets and go listen. Just another option probably around the same money shorter wait time. Building your own cbinets will (could) result in beter than stock KLF30 boxes. Best rergards Moray James.

My best friend bought a pair of KLF-30s for $500 and then stored them at my house while he was going through a divorce. I had them here for about a year. At the time I also had RF-7s and my Forte IIs. They each have their strengths. The KLFs did seem to have a smoother overall sound and a buttload of bass. He's now enjoying them with his RP-3 surrounds.

The KLFs did seem to have a smoother overall sound and a buttload of bass.

When I got my 30's, I was prepared and expecting the "buttload of bass" (which is unbelievably tight by the way) but what totally impresses me on a daily basis since day one is how smooth and sophistcated they sound. Clarity and smoothness is very admirable.....set them up right and they disappear, literally. The only thing I upgraded was the Titanium tweeter diaphrams.

The only drawback I've had was the glue/mdf mishap. I had one cabinet that had a faint "buzz" going on and I immediately knew what it was. A 20 minute glue job (PL Premium Construction adhesive) to the inside of the cabinet.....bracing... allowed it to cure for 24 hours and they were as good as new. A small price to pay (about $14.00 per speaker) for such wonderful sound. [:D]