Hopping on one speaker

ytellmey

This is my third system with one nonfunctional speaker. switch lines from pod to left speaker and the nonfunctional speaker works. seems to be in subwoofer jack. Outpost said they were defective. Beginning to think it's soundcard or something. suggestions?

quote:

Originally posted by ytellmey:

This is my third system with one nonfunctional speaker. switch lines from pod to left speaker and the nonfunctional speaker works. seems to be in subwoofer jack. Outpost said they were defective. Beginning to think it's soundcard or something. suggestions?

New soundcard resolved problem.

Wow. I have the same problem. I bought the 4.2 system, and one of the sattelites does not work. I've isolated it down to the cable going from my soundcard to my subwoofer. Apparently it's only carrying one channel, instead of 2 (left and right). The problem is, i think the cabling is proprietary, and i doubt stores will sell these Klipsch cables. So, I dunno what to do... :-/

btw, just in case it IS the sound card, i have a Creative Soundblaster Live!Value so that may be the problem too (although i don't know why...)

please help...

• 3 weeks later...

The cabling is not proprietary. Although in my 2.1 system, the speaker cable was definitely inferior. I'm very surprised at Klipsch about this issue. The have always made such extraordinary speakers I can't believe they'd compromise their sound by bundling them with such inferior cabling.

See my related post: http://www.klipsch.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000110.html