How to Determine Whether or not a Loudspeaker has a Horn

BEC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably too late in the process, but would it do any good to show a picture of an Exponential horn?

That would not help. What would help is if Eminence made a woofer with a horn and a woofer without a horn and Eminence had pictures of both showing the difference in an official catalog, then I would have exactly the proof needed to refute the inspector. Since Eminence does not make a woofer with a horn, who is to say what that might look like to the inspector? His logic says "since Eminence calls the product we got (15 inch woofer) a LOUDSPEAKER WITHOUT HORN, then there must be a similar product (15 inch woofer) that is LOUDSPEAKER WITH HORN".

They have told me over and over that the only acceptable proof that the inspector is wrong is to show them a printed official catalog page where it shows the exact product we have and specifically calls it a LOUDSPEAKER WITHOUT HORN. Of course this official catalog page does not exist but telling them that just gets them to emphasize again that an official catalog page is the only way to challenge this.

They have told me over and over that the only acceptable proof that the inspector is wrong is to show them a printed official catalog page where it shows the exact product we have and specifically calls it a LOUDSPEAKER WITHOUT HORN.

sounds like eminence needs to do some catalog work.

They have told me over and over that the only acceptable proof that the inspector is wrong is to show them a printed official catalog page where it shows the exact product we have and specifically calls it a LOUDSPEAKER WITHOUT HORN.

sounds like eminence needs to do some catalog work.

I knew someone would say that. But UPS has that covered. The catalog page had to be in existence before the disputed shipment was made. Otherwise, Eminence could just be covering up the fraud they committed sneaking those woofers with horns through the freight system and making up documentation after the fact.

As one poster mentioned, can the inspector point to the alleged horn? As well, if the parts list for the speaker has no component identified as a horn, it would appear that the inspector is hallucinating. The man's perceptual issues may prove costly for his company.

After all, if you can't point to the unicorn's horn, it's just a pony, and there's nothing magical about it.

That's ironic...UPS drops enough speakers with horns causing them to break, that they now have a higher shipping rate for them so that they can claim fraud when they break stuff. Your instance alone is enough that I'll never use UPsuck again - so outrageous.

I WON!!! It's official. UPS agrees that these woofers have no horns. The UPS inspector called me today to apologize and to say that he had made a mistake on the freight class and that they were now processing my refund. I had just about resigned myself to losing this one yesterday. I have stayed with this since 3 May when the shipment arrived working some on it almost every day. I probably have in 20 or so hours on this sending emails, phone calls and faxes.

BUT I WON!!!

It is sometimes hard to get satisfaction, in this case it may be time that is lost, but I bet the smile is pretty wide for that all the work. I use the USPS when ever I can...

Thanks

I WON!!! It's official. UPS agrees that these woofers have no horns. The UPS inspector called me today to apologize and to say that he had made a mistake on the freight class and that they were now processing my refund. I had just about resigned myself to losing this one yesterday. I have stayed with this since 3 May when the shipment arrived working some on it almost every day. I probably have in 20 or so hours on this sending emails, phone calls and faxes.

BUT I WON!!!

Bob,

Glad you won. But I was going to say that your original picture on page 1 of this thread showed that teh box appeared to be damaged...........and that you should return the shipment and make a claim. ;)

Yeah, three damaged boxes out of 105 on the two pallets. That is about an average for a freight shipment. Usually that is from fork lift forks when the fork lift driver misjudges his turn. Usually they don't penetrate more than a couple of inches into the box, so no damage to the woofers.

If enough people told UPS what they think and backed it up with not doing business with them they might take notice. Fed Ex is only a littl e bit more expensive is more reliable faster and gives way less hassles. Use Fed Ex or USPS. I cannot tell you how many times UPS has screwed me around.The brokerage scam the have on ground delivery into Canada is outrageous. I just receiver some parts which I asked the vendor to post. The parts were sent UPS. Declared value was 75 bucks and UPS charged me $29.00 brokerage fees. That just sucks and they get away with it. I will not use UPS unless it is the only way to get my goods. Good luck with all of this. Lesson learned Fed Ex or USPS. Best regards Moray James.

After celebrating my victory for about 30 minutes, I decided to take down my "Mission Accomplished" banner and get back to work on UPS Freight. I sent an email to the Customer (dis)Service person I have been dealing with for two weeks saying.

"The case we have discussed has been decided in my favor. However, I still have not received my refund of the overcharge on my freight shipment. Would you please check into the status of my refund and give me an update on this."