My new-old 68 Cornwalls

I just wanted to share a few pictures of a set of Cornwalls that I bought yesterday from a really nice fellow from Craigslist. They looked beautiful in the pictures but I was thrilled when I saw the great condition they were in. He even had the Owner Information Packet that came with them. It had lots of old brochures and the warranty card in it. I took the back off of them and took a few pictures inside. And it goes without saying that they sound amazing. Anyway here's a few pictures of them.

013-17.jpg

014-20.jpg017-17.jpg

016-16.jpg

congrats,you are one lucky !!!!!!! those are sweet. i had a set from 74 with that same grill cloth.

need to get a set of factory risers or make a set yourself to get them off the floor so they won't get beat up from the cleaning lady.

Thanks guys, I thought they were great. I bought a new set of KG 5.5s new in the 90's and have used them since, except for the last month or so when I picked up a set of Heresy's. I think these are a huge improvement over both sets, even thought I've really enjoyed both of the others too. They make me want to pull out every cd I have and listen to them to hear the differences. The old brochers are pretty cool also, here's some pictures of the prices from when they were sold.

049-4.jpg

048-5.jpg

050-4.jpg

052-3.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've been searching all the photos and threads from this forum and used it to sort of know what I was looking at when I went to buy a set of these. I've found an amazing amount of great information from this forum so I thought I'd share these pictures to add to all the other pictures that are here.

Fini, thanks. These couldn't be in any safer hands, they'll live an easy life here. I feel I owe it to them, they look like they've been pampered. The previous owner has had them stored in his closet, they were to big for him to use. I love the looks of those you posted, wild. What sort of veneers are on those?

Rick, I'm in SW MO, about 20 miles from Branson. It's quite a ways to Belton, my ex wife was from there.

Thanks Neil, I'm pretty fond of mine too. But I do have to admit Fini's are pretty darned cool looking.

The Psilocybinwalls beat them all. Rosewood, zebrawood, teak are all nice finishes but those crazee things are the most incredible wood I've ever seen. I mean, seriousleh - are those things even legal?

I always start to hallucinate when I see them...

Rusty,

Unfortunately, I do not own the "Ramblin' Rose" veneered Cornwalls. Those belong to forum member Budman. I've been working on adoption papers for him to sign, so they can be passed down (legally, mind you) to me. The veneer is made from logs made of tinted, then laminated layers of wood. When they peel the veneer, they get these crazy, psychedelic patterns. It was an official Klipsch veneer, but these two Corns are the only known example. Rarity= off the charts.

Rusty,

Unfortunately, I do not own the "Ramblin' Rose" veneered Cornwalls. Those belong to forum member Budman. I've been working on adoption papers for him to sign, so they can be passed down (legally, mind you) to me. The veneer is made from logs made of tinted, then laminated layers of wood. When they peel the veneer, they get these crazy, psychedelic patterns. It was an official Klipsch veneer, but these two Corns are the only known example. Rarity= off the charts.

Fini,

Thanks for the information and for posting the pictures, those are wild looking. It's pretty cool that they came that way, I can see why you're in the process of being adopted. I've seen some pool cues that were made of something called dymondwood that sort of have a look like that. Do you know if they still offer exotic veneers as a option?