MC252

I finally got it! Just hooked up my new McIntosh MC252. A big thanks to TBlake for working with me on the sale so a young audiophile could make the purchase. I love the sound so far and will make more posts doing my best to describe the difference in the sound.

Mr. Tubbs,

Nice, very nice.[Y] I bet that amp will spank your RF-7's. Now what to do with the NAD 925THX? Don't you dare retire it. Too nice sounding of an amp to leave idle.(I know it used to be mine)[:P]

That Mc is huge. What does it weigh?

Bill

Mr. Tubbs,

Nice, very nice.Yes I bet that amp will spank your RF-7's. Now what to do with the NAD 925THX? Don't you dare retire it. Too nice sounding of an amp to leave idle.(I know it used to be mine)Stick out tongue

That Mc is huge. What does it weigh?

Bill

That poor poor NAD...

That Mc is about 100 lbs (43 Kg). Thats gotta hurt.

Awesome amp

Music sounds wonderful, I will list a few titles I have listen to this week. Eagles greatest hits, Van Morrison a Lot of his work,shine down, Micheal Buble. These are just a few I can remember. I have to say that music is so clear the position of each instrument can be seen if you close your eyes. HF signals are clear and crisp not too bright but just right. Mid range is perfect warm clear you can almost see Van Morrison singing Georgia on my mind. LF or bass is perfect controlled accurate and a very strong presence but not to the point it over powers the other two Mid and HF. One thing I think I have to mention is the amps ability to reproduce dialog lyrics are easier to understand even when whispered.

Movies if you take the above attributes and apply them to movies they just get better. I have watched Lord of the rings 2 and the sound is so clear it really is like the sound you hear at a theater. I have heard things this morning that I didn't realize were there. dialog I thought was just a actor leaning down to make the point there was talking. now you hear this dialog without having to turn up the volume.

To say the least I am pleased and very happy about this purchase, I look forward to the purchase of a MX unit and the 3 channel MC303

Thank you all for your post.

• 2 weeks later...