RF-7 and CF-2 Comparison

Youthman

• Moderators

That's what it was Shiva. I remember someone saying that when I asked the question a long time ago. Guess they didn't have a photo of the CF-2's so they used a photo of the CF-3's. Thx for the clarification.

• Moderators

Any chance you would make the effort to photo the crossovers

I could probably do that

draw out the schematic for the CF-2 crossover?

Have no idea how to do that

Would be nice to have in the archive here

Where is the "archive"?

Well some good pictures (like you have been taking)of both sides of the crossover would be a very good start. I am terrible at making schematics of these things due to dyslicia and left right issues and such but if I had agood clear set of pictures I might get it right. Re the archive I was referring to the forum threads here. There is one with most of the available crossover schematics. I don't think I have come across the CF series there so if it were drawn out properly and someone here with the know how could check it for accuracy then it could beposted there. To be accurate values would be necessary (most caps have values on them but unfortunately induvtors don't always) but a drawing would be a great start. Then if someone rebuilt a set we might get the inductor values to go along with the resistors and the caps. Somewthing is better than a kick in the pants. Best regards Moray James.

Those are my old CF-2's, which I bought new in '96 I believe (my first pair of Klipsch speakers). If I recall I paid $1400 for them. I had them as my main speakers until 2002 when I bought some used Chorus's (now owned by clermont cop), at which time I used them as my rears. When I purchased some Chorus II's shortly thereafter I sold them to my brother-in-law. Since then I have also purchased Heresy's (3 pairs), Cornwalls, La Scala's and Khorns. All I have left are the Khorns and a pair of Heresy's, which I now use as my rears in the HT. It's been a fun ride. [:D]

Glad you're enjoying them youth...

Mike

Those are my old CF-2's, which I bought new in '96 I believe (my first pair of Klipsch speakers). If I recall I paid $1400 for them.

I bought my CF-2s for $1,200 in 96. They sounded great when paired with the Velodyne subs. They replaced my KG-4s and I kept them until I bought RF-7s which were later replaced by Cornwall IIIs. The Cornwalls are the best, followed by the RF-7. All three are great speakers and are the reason why I have been a Klipsch fan for years.

Frank

My first time with klipsch was a bit off kilter. I was selling a pair of quartets for a friend of the family. They were matched with a pioneer elite m-70 amp and c-70 pre (i believe). Should have sounded phenominal, i only heard local classic rock radio on it and i was like meh. Luckly i found a pair of rf-82 locally and got to spend some time with them, whew that was a close one.