RF7, how many rf7 are there? Which Amp to choose?

davlas

Hi, i have two questions.

1) How many model of RF7 are there? For what period? What is the first model and the ultimate model?

2) If i choose the RF7, the amp McIntosh Ma6500 it's a great amp for these speakers? Or is oversized for the RF7?

Thanks a LOT!

Davide.

Davlas,

Welcome to the forum.

There have been (3) versions of the RF-7.

1) Original RF-7 produced 2001 - 2006

2) Classic RF-7 produced 2009 -2010, reintroduced with either black ash veneer or a dark cherry veneer. Also veneered on front of speaker.

3) RF-7II current model

If i choose the RF7, the amp McIntosh Ma6500 it's a great amp for these speakers? Or is oversized for the RF7?

I think all versions would mate very nicely to your McIntosh MA6500.

Bill

Thanks rivernuggets...

And how i can see the external difference for three models?

What is the price of the RF-7 produced from 2009 to 2010?

I have found the Classic used RF-7 of year 2010. Me advice?

Welcome to the forum!

I think it may be harder to answer your question....

If that model was produced for 2 years only..... They are more rare.

I bet they do not come up for sale used often...... (It will likely be hard to answer that question).....

Good Luck with your search!

• 1 year later...

I was going to ask something similar - there's a pair of RF7's for sale locally but I think they are the original versions. Was the RF7-II a significant improvement over the original (or Classic) ? Should I just save my nickels and dimes for a brand new pair? What is the most you would pay for a well-taken-care-of pair of Original RF-7's?

thanks,

Dave

The major difference between the 7's and 7II's is the xo and different drivers. The xo are 2200 and 1200 kHz respectively. My guess is that the 7's seem more fuller due to the bass driver handeling some of the lower midrange compared to the 7II's. The 7II's may have a smoother midrange and highs. I say may, due to the subjective nature of audio. The room setup is a big factor so, you would really need to demo them in your home on your system. I would be happy with either speaker since I have heard both.