ClaudeJ1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Dtel, that is a very good idea for that strip you put in there.

I did that because I couldn't find the t-nuts like Klipsch used, they had two little ears off to the side where you could put a screw on each side so it couldn't fall out the back.

I looked everywhere, one guy at this industrial tool company even looked in his Mac master catalog or whatever this 6" thick book is called and couldn't find anything close. He was surprised because he said they have everything, he said they were probably special ordered by Klipsch and bought in bulk.

Hi Dtel

Anything that looks like the fastener that you couldn't find on this web page?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/anchornuts.php

AN366Fa.jpg OR NA5A.jpg

Both of these are fine thread and have nyloc inserts,the nylon can be removed if you wanted. They are available in 10/32 or 1/4 - 28 or a few other sizes

The looked like the ones on the left but without the nyloc, very close, those look a littler better but the same idea.

Since this is about MWM fanatics...

Nice well I have the JBL 2360A horns and the LSI's.Hmm

I listen to the JBL 2360a's every day (see Avatar). I know that horns with slots are supposed to be "bad." But it's one of the best sounding horns I've ever heard, along with JBl 2446J drivers that have a diamond suspension and a phase plug superior to it's predecessors.

I have tried many horns from Peavey, EV, JBL, Klipsch, etc. and these simply had sound that belied their measurments. I do not use any kind of EQ or choke with them, just a single capacitor...1st order at 700 Hz to their natural rolloff at 6Khz...then I let Audyssey do the rest with the room taken into account.

Someday I will have K402's, when I can afford them, but I'm happy for right now.

Since this is about MWM fanatics...

yeah, I could do that. Got it all right here

Well Colter, you deserve the credit for being gutsy enought to buy all this commercial Klipsch stuff and start all this madness to beging with. IOW, it's all your fault.

• Moderators

Well Colter, you deserve the credit for being gutsy enough to buy all this commercial Klipsch stuff and start all this madness to beging with. IOW, it's all your fault

Your right Claude, but he was smart about it. He started collecting and never said alot about the commercial stuff until he had about every model. [:P] THEN he started showing everybody that didn't really know about it. [:o] Now you almost have to fight someone to get anything industrial, they disappear so quick.

That was smart, now everyone likes the way they look, especially the split LaScalas, most people would love to have a pair for there garage, but you better be real quick if you see them for sale.

That was smart, now everyone likes the way they look, especially the split LaScalas, most people would love to have a pair for there garage, but you better be real quick if you see them for sale.

True about LaScalas........not sure about MWMs, the guys I talk to say they are hard to get rid of because of their size........but that never scared us, now did it? LOL.

• Moderators

True about LaScalas........not sure about MWMs, the guys I talk to say they are hard to get rid of because of their size........but that never scared us, now did it? LOL.

No, like the car people say, there's no replacement for displacement.

No, like the car people say, there's no replacement for displacement.

Amen, Brother Dtel, amen.

Although, my friend at Roush Racing (VPofOP) tells me that they can do 1,200 Horspower from 4-cylinder "rice burners".........amazing.

• Moderators

Although, my friend at Roush Racing (VPofOP) tells me that they can do 1,200 Horspower from 4-cylinder "rice burners".........amazing

Yep but it takes a ton of RPM's and 3 tons of $.

• Moderators

Photo 2

That looks familiar [;)] Looking good

Are you sure you want to cover all that pretty wood with black something ?

Or are they going to be handled alot where something easy to re coat would help ?

Looking nice & you're going to love them.

If you've stated it, I've missed it... how are you setting them up?

2-way home? multi-way home/other? What are you using for the HF? Are you considering the 402 sitting on top like Dtel?