WHO HAS THE MOST BASS???????

Wrench722

Rockford Fosgate Soundlab? I sat in this breifly Tuesday. I lasted about 15 seconds. It was so damn loud, you could hear this van from accross a busy 8 lane road and across busy parking areas as though it was 50' away when its doors were shut.

2011_SoundLab_780x295.jpg

10,000 watts of power
(3) Power T1000-4 amplifiers
(3) Power T2500-1bd amplifiers
(4) Power T1652-S components
(12) Punch P3D215 15" subs
(1) 3Sixty.2 interactive processor
(2) IB-200 IBeam tactile transducers
Set to an LED light show, the experience will literally take your breath away -David Slepak

I'm sure mine is modest compared to some, but it works well for me. I have four 18" drivers mounted in a wall in my living room in an IB configuration. Each driver has an x-max of 27 mm (displaces over 17 litres). There's roughly 600 watts going to each driver. My living room has 3 open doors, so the room doesn"t actually "pressurize" but it'll do 110 dB at 10Hz at the listening position. The IB will actually turn the blades on the ceiling fans in an adjacent room and flex windows in the back of the house.

• Like 1

• Moderators

it'll also smear a smile onto your face and make it so you're embarrassed to stand up ...and all we watched were concerts. i'd need a cigarette after watching something like quantum of solace on that system.

Now that's funny [Y]

Hello, it's not my system, but there is a person that goes by notnyt over at avs (he is selling is rf-83s right now). He has build up in his theater of 8 LMS ultra 5400s. Not to mention his mains have either 18 or 15" JBL woofers. Dan

I think he was looking for Klipsch forum members[;)]

• Like 1

• Moderators

Danley Sound Labs - The Matterhorn. Big Smile

Your right.

And it's a darn good thing you don't have one, you could cause an avalanche up there, you would not even need a mountain.

Danley Matterhorn Sub banned from NSCA Demo

Feb 22, 2007

Tom Danley will unveil the most powerful subwoofer ever created at the NSCA Expo 2007 in Orlando, Florida in March. Initially designed for the military and dubbed the Matterhorn by Danley Sound Labs, the record-breaking subwoofer is housed in a shipping container measuring 8' x 8' x 20' and generates 40,000 watts.

The Matterhorn reproduces program material in the frequency range of 15 to 80Hz continuously through a system of 40 low frequency drivers. The extraordinary technical specifications of the Danley Matterhorn include a -3dB measurement at 12Hz and an SPL of 105dB at 250 meters (just over 270 yards).

Remarked Mike Hedden, president of Danley Sound Labs, "The Matterhorn goes two octaves lower than any sub commercially available. At the mouth of the horn, it achieves 160dB and moves ten inches of air. You can dry your clothes with it. You can move a Honda Civic with it. If the Civic's parked on a decline, the Matterhorn will knock it over."

When asked who will buy such an audaciously powerful subwoofer, Hedden laughed, "The military, of course, that's why we started this project. But we also plan to scale it down. Our customers in the professional audio world will be able to purchase smaller versions, which, while less powerful than the full-blown Matterhorn, will still blow away any other commercially available subwoofer, almost literally."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure mine is modest compared to some, but it works well for me. I have four 18" drivers mounted in a wall in my living room in an IB configuration. Each driver has an x-max of 27 mm (displaces over 17 litres). There's roughly 600 watts going to each driver. My living room has 3 open doors, so the room doesn"t actually "pressurize" but it'll do 110 dB at 10Hz at the listening position. The IB will actually turn the blades on the ceiling fans in an adjacent room and flex windows in the back of the house.

DEDAA850 - I'm sure mine is modest ... LOL!

I have a feeling the subsonic output of this setup is perceptibly more than a bose acoustimass module.

I'm sure I don't have "the most". But, I've got more than I can handle. I've popped the filiments in light bulbs with a 15hz wave. Try out the "Flight of the Phoenix crash scene above 120db and you quickly realize anything more would be for pissing rights only. :)

Here's a photo where the two Danley DTS10's are covered with acoustic insulation.

Posted Image

Here's one with the insulation removed. The ports are facing the front walls. Smoother response that way.

Posted Image

And here's the kids in one of them....for scale.

Posted Image