Diana Krall in Rio and Paris

shake777

I've been watching these DVDs endlessly for a a few days.and enjoying the heck out of them. My Salesman, Crown, is a great guy who also enjoys her and we talk about the lady. We're also going to the show this weekend in the City which I'm looking to never having been to a big show.

But I digress. I love the string bass and fine guitar work as well as the great drumming. I hope there are other's out there enjoying these great DVDs. I only wish they were Bluray. By the way is that Clapton with hiis hair grown out playing guitar? Anyway chuckle chuckle.

When I first got the Quiet Nights SACD I didn't see the value of her work and sold it for five bucks. Someone kick me in the behind please. I'll let you decide whether a chuckle is appropriate. Probably not. Maybe just a smile. :) Nic

Five Bucks................ nutkick.gif !!!! LOL

Yeah, those are great DVD's and i enjoy them both for different reason. "Rio" seems more kicked back than "Paris". In Rio she just seems more relaxed and laid back and has a good time. Paris seems more structured, which isn't a bad thing, it just is.

No, that is not Eric, it is Anthony Wilson and he is a fantastic guitarist. Check out his work, you'll probably like it.

Thanks for reminding me of these great DVD's Nic, I need to pull them out and watch them again. [Y]

Dennie

• 1 month later...

By the way is that Clapton with hiis hair grown out playing guitar? Anyway chuckle chuckle. Nic

Hey Nic, that is Anthony Wilson on Guitar. He is the son of Gerald Wilson, the great band leader, and now that you mention it, I do see the resemblance with Eric! LOL

AnthonyWilson.jpgR.165%2BERIC%2BCLAPTON%2B85.jpg

He just released (March '11) his new album "Campo Belo"...

615f0nvkX7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you liked "Live In Rio", you just might like this one. thumbup.gif

Campo Belo is a dynamic new record from guitarist/composer
Anthony Wilson. Recorded in Sao Paulo, this spontaneous musical
encounter finds Wilson (a veteran American jazz musician, known for his
longtime association with singer Diana Krall) leading a band that
includes three of Brazil's most astonishing young musicians - Andre
Mehmari on piano, Edu Ribeiro on drums, and Guto Wirtti on bass. A
program of richly melodic original songs, and a meeting of four strong
improvisational voices, Campo Belo is a testament to the
excitement of a time when musical borders are becoming more porous or
disappearing altogether, and shared musical language is becoming the
modern-day norm. Already a widely acclaimed artist, Anthony Wilson takes
a huge step forward with'Campo Belo.

The Bass players are John Clayton and Christian McBride.

You can pick up anything by all three of these great artists and you're in for a treat! bravo.gif

Dennie

Dennie, Thx for the rec and info. Funny just watched Paris again. I just got a new Oppo 95 which seems to pull alot out of older formats but the video quality on this wasn't what I'd hoped for. I expect to be watching it again anyway. She's just such a pleasure to see and the band is very fine. There's nothing like an upright string bass. Nic

Dennie, Thx for the rec and info. Funny just watched Paris again. I just got a new Oppo 95 which seems to pull alot out of older formats but the video quality on this wasn't what I'd hoped for. I expect to be watching it again anyway. She's just such a pleasure to see and the band is very fine. There's nothing like an upright string bass. Nic

You're welcome Nic! I saw that "Live In Rio" is now on BluRay, although I am not sure about "Paris". When it came out on DVD it was on every big screen at every HT Store I went into. Hard to beat a Beautiful Blonde, playing Beautiful Music with a Top Notch Band/Orchestra conducted by Claus Ogerman! [<:o)]

You are right about the Upright Bass, there is nothing like it and through my La Scala's, it is So SWEET!! [Y]

Dennie