Battle: Los Angeles

carbon summit

Looking for some surround sound reviews for Battle: Los Angeles. The previews look good and like it may have potential to be an awesome surround sound experience! Netflix won't have it availble until 7/12 and will probably take weeks after that for it to make it to me so I figured I'd ask before I waited forever only to be let down if it sucks.

Sound like a good check your IQ at the door kinda flick . Saw the review on AVS and will definitely see it at some point . Only issue for me is that I still have about 80 of the 130 used blu's from the crazy BB Memorial day sale to check into the collection . Did anyone see the AVS review of The Island ? 100 points for audio , day 1 buy for me .

Watch this on Blu-Ray last night.

Being a Sci-Fi fan, I thought it was a pretty good movie - kind of a cross of I-Day and Blackhawk Down.

Sound is outstanding! I was looking for scraps of metal on the floor after the movie from all the stuff that blew up!!

Watch this on Blu-Ray last night.

Being a Sci-Fi fan, I thought it was a pretty good movie - kind of a cross of I-Day and Blackhawk Down.

Sound is outstanding! I was looking for scraps of metal on the floor after the movie from all the stuff that blew up!!

When watching Battle: LA with friends, we broke out Independence day quotes throughout - Also discussed similarities to Blackhawk Down. Good comparisons. Probably not too many quotable lines will come out of Battle: LA, but otherweise very I-Day like.

I rented Battle Los Angeles last night instead of waiting for it from Netflix. I thought it was a good movie with great sound effects. Agree with the Blackhawk Down comparisons but no where near the movie Blackhawk Down was.

Over all I found it to be another movie that makes me glad I've got a home theater system. It really makes the movie watching experience so much better. I'll never understand the people that think their TV speakers are good enough for a movie like this!