Klipsch WILL NOT POST NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!

sosations

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When plywood was first introduced everybody bad-mouthed it. I don't like MDF (many different fillers) but have never messed with the premium stuff. Premium 3/4" (walnut, oak, mahogany, birch) plywood without voids is expensive (470.00 per sheet in 1980) but I doubt even Klipsch could afford that.

JJK

It's just like if people were standing around talking and someone came in screaming and upset, he would probably quickly get others fired up also, which is what happened. I almost jumped and said something I would have been sorry for later but, I TRY to control myself to keep my wife and the moderator, AMY from inserting there foot up my butt. Indifferent

dtel: Turn around, man...is that Amy's shoe I see? LOL

Good grief, here we go again on the MDF/plywood debate...

If we could just combine that with a wire thread, along with tubes or SS and throw in a little SET talk it could go on forever. Zip it!

Here we go again.... LOL!!!! [Y][Y][Y]

Mr sosations' concerns about MDF were previously addressed from the current material quality, suitability for use in speakercabinets, construction techniques used, issues with current plywood, economics, civil rights, environmental issues, world politics, cats and dogs living together, etc., etc., ad nauseam... (see: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/128989.aspx ), but to no avail in terms of any compromise in regards to his stated 'mission' as evidenced in the above cited thread.

The facts, just the facts.... Ok.... they are made of MDF. Heresy's have been made from MDF since 1985 (~25 years...). Ok, he does not like that. Pretty evident.... Ok, it was recommended he sell them.... But noooooooo! It's now a "crusade" in the classical sense of the word.

I do have one question of Mr 'sations....... If they are disliked so much, then why keep them? Kinda' defeats the arguments posited against them when we keep them because they otherwise sound great.... Huhm.... Sorta' like complaning about your machine stamped metal body on your Bentley....

I will say that before I buy something.... anything..... that costs more than $100... I always read the specs....

I shall now subscibe to this thread, purchase some popcorn, settle back and watch the show (in the grand scheme of things looks like some monochromatic sparklers and a couple of 50 cent bottle rockets) continue to unfold.

[H]

MDF SMIM DF, I thought the point was not being able to post negative reviews.I really could care less about the "wood" debate, I do think all opinions have the right to be heard, IF respectful.

That's really my point regarding the thread. While the initial "concept" was as Fish said... negative comments... The "onslaught" regarding MDF continued.

Should negative comments be posted on the Forum? Of course. Should those "reviews" be automatically posted to the corporate website? That becomes a matter of corporate policy. They should be submitted, but if I were "in charge" of Klipsch, I'd limit "reviews" to generally favorable in that venue. After all the main Klipsch website is not a public forum. If it was, 50,000 Bose owners could have a field day.... [:|]

It's like driving your race car on the public streets.... Ain't gonna get too far.... But the racetrack is the venue.

Everyone's been nice to sosations so far. But I doubt that Klipsch Corp is gonna' let everyone dictate the "review" policy.

[H]

main Klipsch website is not a public forum. If it was, 50,000 Bose owners could have a field day.... Indifferent

Good point, actually maybe it would be the other way around if we could post on the bose website[:)]. I actually wrote a great review for the rf-7ii on Vanns website where i purchased them and it did not get posted the first time. Also i have owned a pair of 1993 la scalas before and although they were great speakers i would not buy another pair, what i want are some lascala ii.

• Moderators

I will say that before I buy something.... anything..... that costs more than $100... I always read the specs....

Yep and read every review especially not on the companies website, and compare to other products in that price range. It seems to help overall to weed out the junk from products designed with little thought.

• Moderators

dtel: Turn around, man...is that Amy's shoe I see? LOL

No but If I say what I want sometimes I know the foot would be there, I try to remember to engage brain and calm down before typing, but I still don't care about grammar or saying dumb things (my favorite), that's just me. [:P]

I am not saying you are not correct, and I guess that is my point, i.e. I think they are filtering out the negative comments, which is disingenuous at best.

Also, what is up with all of the anti Bose stuff??? (in general, not you specifically) When did audiophiles everywhere become like snobby wine connoisseurs mocking the unwashed masses as they enjoy Bose speakers the way they might enjoy a "Box O Wine" , its almost like you lose your street cred or have your audiophile gang membership revoked if you admit to liking Bose.

I really wonder if you did the Pepsi challenge between Bose & Klipsch how many enthusiasts would "Really" be able to tell the difference???..........(OPEN THE FLOODGATES)

Appreciate the response, and I agree on the attitude thing, but that goes for everyone, including the Klipsch Apologists, i.e. see my response to Glenn, (A Classy Guy with a thoughtful response) compared to the other guys -

Glenn is a real cool dude. [Y]

I'm actually surprised that it wouldn't let you post a negative review? There's never been any kind of censorship like that on the forum.

For the woodworkers out there....can you get those same sharp corners folding a thicker veneer? Btw, I bet you could get the speakers built in custom wood - at least I know I've seen people order custom finishes on other speaker models. Definitely wouldn't hurt to ask...

Also, what is up with all of the anti Bose stuff???

With the classic Bose 901's(and pro gear line) being the exception, most Bose products are under-engineered and over-priced. They use very deceptive marketing practices and over inflate the R&D and quality of parts to manipulate the gullible masses into buying their overpriced stuff.

Take for example a Bose Lifestyle($3000.00 msrp) HT setup. Put that gear up against a "lowly" 5-speaker Klipsch Quintet III($499.00 msrp) system, add a Klipsch Sub10($299.99 msrp) and a basic upconverting DVD player($75.00 msrp) and a low/mid level HT receiver($500.00 msrp), you will get a rocking little system($1375.00 msrp) that should easily trump the Bose in dynamics and overrall sound quality and save you about $1625.00 to boot.

That is just one example that I can think of.

I really wonder if you did the Pepsi challenge between Bose & Klipsch how many enthusiasts would "Really" be able to tell the difference???..........(OPEN THE FLOODGATES)

First Challenge:

How about a pair of new 901's vs Heresy III's with a Dynaco ST 70 with 35w/ch. I'll let the "forum tube heads" give this one a go.

The 901's really do sound pretty good with the right gear.

Bill

• Moderators

Amen, lets get back to the point, Klipsch will not post negative reviews -

To be honest I have never tried to post a review anywhere but here so I have no idea, you could be right ?

• Moderators

I am not saying you are not correct, and I guess that is my point, i.e. I think they are filtering out the negative comments, which is disingenuous at best.

Also, what is up with all of the anti Bose stuff??? (in general, not you specifically) When did audiophiles everywhere become like snobby wine connoisseurs mocking the unwashed masses as they enjoy Bose speakers the way they might enjoy a "Box O Wine" , its almost like you lose your street cred or have your audiophile gang membership revoked if you admit to liking Bose.

To answer your last question, easily you could hear the difference.

The big problem I have with that company is they are the only company who will not post spec's, then turn around and overcharge all under the marketing idea that's it's better because of research and science, more like marketing than anything else.

The box o wine doesn't claim to be better because of a "special" way of aging or because of some other special magic of science and is also not priced 4-5 times it's value. Which to me is trying to mock the unwashed masses as you said, tell the Truth and don't try to fool and take advantage of people.

Are you trolling?