Use the Bi-amp or no?

reynolr

I have an Onkyo tx-sr607 and ust purchased two rf-52ii's. On my reciever it says that you can use the main L/R and the back surround L/R to do a bi-amp for your mains, then you go into to set-up menu and switch the speakers to bi-amp. Anyways I have read several places that bi-amp doesn't do amything. So I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with this reciever or something that was set up like it, and if doing the bi-amp is beneficial. Also if you use the bi-amp you can only have 5.1, no 7.1 which for me at the moment is okay but I am looking into two more surrounds, unless the bi-amp makes a big enough difference then I'm just fine with a 5.1 and would prolly add another sub for a 5.2. AKA getting another sub instead of the 2 more surrounds. Let me know what you all think and thanks.

Active. The Onkyo should give you the option of selecting:

1) relative gains

2) "distance" (time delay)

3) EQ, and

4) crossover frequency

for each channel.

You should disconnect the midrange-tweeter part of your crossovers from the woofer channels.

Chris

By the way, it would be nice to know your ultimate decision to implement bi-amping and/or your experience--either way..

Chris

Sorry I just finally hooked them up last night. I ended up doing the bi-amp, i havnt tried them just regular yet, but I must say I think they sould amazing. When I first turned them on I thought my sub was kicked on, but it wasn't. I had turned everything off and disconnected it to get to the back of the reciever. I was going back and forth between the 52's and 62's but ended up with the 52's since the store I got them from gave me what I considered to be a great deal plus they didn't have any 62's in. Anyways with the way they sound I don't see myself messing with them until I get the itch to expand to the 5.2 or 7.1, for now they are blowing me away. The only thing I need now now is for my center to arrive. They thought they had one in the back but didn't so they lent me the RC-10 I think, it was the match to the RF-10's they had in there small room. It is head over heals better than the Synergy C-1 I had so I'm hoping the RC-52 ii is just another jump up.