Yamaha S4115H Horns

nu2toobs

15 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

It’s the newer model I believe

Carl... do your have a plastic horn? II still have the aluminum one and the drivers. I'm thinking of making a small smith to try with the drivers as tweeters. The only has a 3/4 inch throat, so they will pretty much need a custom horn or putty in a 1 inch throat horn. 🙄

Bruce

Carl... do your have a plastic horn? II still have the aluminum one and the drivers. I'm thinking of making a small smith to try with the drivers as tweeters. The only has a 3/4 inch throat, so they will pretty much need a custom horn or putty in a 1 inch throat horn. [emoji849]

Bruce

No plastic. It’s metal. I’ve used this thing with k-horns, Cornwall’s and H1 ,H2 and 3’s as a center channel speaker. And I’ve always had to turn it was lower then the other speakers that I used. Very clean and nice sound for a center speaker. Very easy on my ears for long periods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! The black paint job looks great, too. I wish I had done more with the ones I had before getting rid of the cabinets. They were so heavy, though and at the time sounded terrible. I did use the aluminum horns and drivers as my tweeters on my La Scalas for a while. Lining up the driver with the mid was easy and the front of the horn was closer to the front of the LS cabinet. so I didn't notice much of a reflection off the top of the cab.

They have the dial in the back to lower the mid/tweeter level. I have it turned down and my denon eq’s it pretty well. I have 60 plus hours on the paint job. It’s not a paint can job. Lol. The paint job is over 6 years old and old if up great. I even wax and buff it, just like a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A DJ friend of mine picked up a pair of Yamaha 4115 speakers some time ago at a good price.  Now, he’s been using them successfully in DJ duty for a few years. They seem to get the job done, at least in the bar where he works.

• 1 year later...

Dear all, noticed that this is a old thread, I have all the drivers and cross overs for a pair of first generation Yamaha S4115 units and was looking for the cabinet dimensions to build cabinet clones for these. I have managed to get the height, width and depth but nothing more. Would anyone have a schematic or diagram with measurements, for building these cabs? Thanks in advance.

Yamaha s4115.jpg