Raising RB-75's or using speaker stands

lel

Right now I have a pair of RB-75's just standing on the floor. I have tried a couple of different speaker stands with them but at 32lbs they are just to heavy and the whole setup does not feel solid enough.

I was thinking about building a base to raise the fronts of the speakers the same way it is done on Heresy's. Have anyone tries this idea before?

Another option would be more solid stands (I need 22"-24"), but I did not have luck finding a pair of those for reasonable price so far. Anyone can suggest what brands to look for?

Here is an idea I have thought of but just have not done it yet. Buy a pedestal like in photo and cut a piece of neopreme and velcro it to the top of the pedestal and place speaker with spikes on top. Very classy look and sturdy. Or just build stands like suggested.

Refer to link and photo as suggestion only.

http://www.pedestalsource.com/Wood/AntiquaTraditionalPedestal.html

Bill

post-26822-13819658518688_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the ideas. I have decided to build the stands, working on design now. If everything works out well they will raise the speakers few inches from the floor and will create an angle as I initially intended. I do not want to place them too high risking that kids could know them off.