KSW 50 Auto On bypass possible?

MD1032

I have a KSW-50 and I'm pretty tired of having to crank my receiver to get it to turn on, only to have it turn off a few minutes later. Why you would ever design an electronic item to have only the modes "Auto" and "Off" is just beyond me. I took out the board assembly but it's a complete mess and I can't tell which wires I need to short to bypass it. Does anyone have any info on how to do this?

Does it have L and R sub in jacks? If so, put a Y adapter at the sub and connect to both inputs. The amp will see twice the input signal and turn on sooner, of course you'll have to turn the gain down on the sub amp accordingly. If it only has one input jack, turn the gain up from your receivers subwoofer output and lower the gain on the sub amp.

I am using a regular receiver with A and B speaker outputs. One set of speaker wires is going to my bookshelf speakers and one set is going to the sub.

I see.

Does it make a difference if you run speaker wires to the sub and then from the sub to your bookshelves? In other words, only use one output ou your receiver.

I am using a regular receiver with A and B speaker outputs. One set of speaker wires is going to my bookshelf speakers and one set is going to the sub.

I see.

Does it make a difference if you run speaker wires to the sub and then from the sub to your bookshelves? In other words, only use one output ou your receiver.

Good point. It may be a problem with his B speaker channels. I had a Kenwood receiver in here the other day that had one of the B channels blown. His sub should power on within 2 seconds, and power off in 4.5 minutes due to inactivity.