Did Paul W. Klipsch sign off on many speaker data tags?

pcapps

I recently acquired an 1981 Klipsch Belle that was owned originally by Norman Bradford, one of the first handful of people hired by Paul Klipsch to work at the Hope, AR facility. On the Belle data tag there is the normal signatures for the inspection and the testing, which by the way, Norman tested his own speaker and signed. In addition, there were several other employee signatures scattered around on the tag, including one by Paul W. Klipsch. I sure this was done as a favor to Norman, since he was purchasing the speaker. Here is my question: Is this a rare occurrence to have Paul Klipsch's signature and how does that affect the value of the speaker?

I recently acquired an 1981 Klipsch Belle that was owned originally by Norman Bradford, one of the first handful of people hired by Paul Klipsch to work at the Hope, AR facility. On the Belle data tag there is the normal signatures for the inspection and the testing, which by the way, Norman tested his own speaker and signed. In addition, there were several other employee signatures scattered around on the tag, including one by Paul W. Klipsch. I sure this was done as a favor to Norman, since he was purchasing the speaker. Here is my question: Is this a rare occurrence to have Paul Klipsch's signature and how does that affect the value of the speaker?

I'm not sure that would raise the price as much as an exotic veneer. It may only be important to die hard Klipschsters.

My '88 K-horns were also signed by PWK. Back then, the dealer who placed the order could request that he personally sign the tags, but it was dependent on his being in the factory at the time they were completed. When I sold them, having the signatures increased their value only slightly. Of course, with a different buyer, the signatures may have been worth more.