Sdds

matthew2

When I went to watch "Lord of the Rings" in the movie theater, they had it in SDDS. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Errr. Wha's SDDS

------------------

the m00n system

Update. RF-3II and RC-3II to be replaced with RF-7 and RC-7c>s>

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

I believe it's sound that fits on 70mm film...

Although film is normally 35mm when projected...

Good question!

70mm film is used for Imax films and for 3D films which has stereographic pictures on one film sheet, this technology is very new, used to be two 35mm films or two 70mm films to do 3D, but now thanks to a guy doing a new Imax 3D film, we have 70mm stereograpic film, and 35mm for the regular screens.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

ok, after re reading my post, i remembered somethings, everything stands, except that imax uses 70mm, i think they use an even larger format.

70mm film uses a magnetic soundtrack and 35mm film uses an optical soundtrack. that is what is important to this post. need to wake up my dad for all this kind of info, we have all kinds of film cameras from when he was in highschool to present, it is pretty cool Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

SDDS offers up to 8 discrete digital channels, in a 7.1 configuration, adding 2 screen channels, between center and front left and right.

It calls back to on-screen dialogue pan that was common in road-show presentations of extremely wide formats.

While Dolby SR*D is placed between the sprockets of the 35mm print, and the DTS time-code is placed close to the analogue optical stereo track, the SDDS data is put on both rims of the print. I experienced various films in SDDS, and it is indeed stunning. Some claim that an outboard matrix decoder used to extract the surround back data from discrete surround channels might yield pleasant results in creating hard channels out of the front left right center data.