Netflix Rates Increase

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I just read it this morning, my first thought was to cancel, then I was told the kids really like the streaming for their movies. We all like the BR disk for picture and sound and more choices so for now we will just keep it. They sometimes use the Redbox thing but they said sometimes it's not enough choices so, whatever they want ?

We did cut back to one disc at a time since we don't watch that many movies anyway.

I feel Netflix is still the best option available, that I am aware of. Still better than Blockbuster was when they were at the top of the marketshare, when they buried/destroyed the local Ma & Pa local Video stores in our area.

The quality of their On-line is outstanding, and the offerings of Movies & Shows as Blu-rays or DVD inventory is outstanding. We find the normal turn around from returning a disk to recieving the next choice from our Que is usually three days total, sometimes we've benefited too two days if the mail gods are on their game.

Based on our expierence with HULU PLUS, hands down Net Flix wins. Especially even though were paying, they advertise quite a bit during a good show. We dropped HBO from our cable line-up, once Sopranos ended, were willing to wait until the show is released on Disk or Instant via NetFlix. With everything else in life increasing in cost these days, with decreasing customer service, etc. I find Netflix continues to improve there support and doesn't feel as if they are taking advantage of us customers. This is just my opinion.

• Moderators

Turn off that mind cancer and play Scrabble! Stick out tongue

Well I have see movies that were just one step above mind cancer, can't play scrabble, can't spell the big words and it reminds me of school. [:S]

Blockbluster just closed another store that I started using after they closed the first store I was using. Now they want me to go to a store that will have all the customers from the two store that closed which means supply at this store(until they close it) is going to be very low because demand just went up.

So Netflix blue ray discs looks to be the way to go.

I don't see Blockbuster stores staying open but Blockbuster may just become .com only and go to streaming only.

Blockbuster closed here a month or two ago, and our small local video store closed last week, but I don't know anyone who's using Netflix here, so I don't know where the business went. I was a regular customer.

Just hope I find some bargains at the inventory liquidation sale this weekend...

I'm glad someone posted on this, another great thing that turns into another way to stick ya.............I'm sure I'm not the only one but is every biz in the world jabbing everyone for more and more and giving less and less???????

You may think a biz may increase 10%, that would be 10x my wage increase in 10 years.But NOOOOO....they gotta double or triple stuff in one move.....

is every biz in the world jabbing everyone for more and more and giving less and less???????

Isn't the pricing sweet spot the point where the customer is a little annoyed at having to pay that much, but not annoyed enough to stop buying what you're selling?

is every biz in the world jabbing everyone for more and more and giving less and less???????

Isn't the pricing sweet spot the point where the customer is a little annoyed at having to pay that much, but not annoyed enough to stop buying what you're selling?

Correct if you dont agree with price to quality ratio then don´t buy it. The more people give in and buy this stuff the more they will try to milk us.

good reason to cancel, can't get online streaming to work most of the time anyway!

Online streaming quality is horrible . Hard disc is the only way for me . I should mention that Blockbuster is renting newer releases for $.49 on Sundays until Sept. 4th . If you so happen to have one nearby that's not closed .

I got that email from Netflix. So my price is going up by 50%. Netflix has a good idea going. The way they roll it out though is garbage. Their streaming is a joke. Anyone who disagree's with that clearly doesnt care about sound quality, picture quality or selection. Perhaps if I was using a 19" CRT Cinevision model with upgraded board TV then I wouldn't care about picture quality either! Seriously 90% of the netflix content is not even 720p. Seems like they could have really hit a HR if they would give you the choice to watch in HD or SD (if you are Brunt) for every selection.

I don't really care that they are seperating the streaming from the disk's It's actually gonna save me a couple bucks cause now I won't have to pay for the streaming!

The biggest reason is for the movie production companies want more royalties. Something I learn where ticketmasters surcharges are all really theartist who wants to make more money per show but makes ticketmaster look like the bad guy. I believeSony wanted 20X the current rate in royalties.

From the current rate it looks like dropping down one dvd out at a time gives you the same price, so instead of 3 at once plus streaming, 2 at once plus streaming will be 20 bucks. Drop the streaming and you will save 8 bucks, it will be interesting to see which way this shoots them in the foot or not. Dropping streaming should damage their bottom line the most since many seem unsatisfied and those who use it only sparingly will decide they don't need it, which would essentially take free money off their table.