Chrysler workers caught drinking and toking on their lunch break (again)...

Rick

I wonder if their wage agreement/contract actually says "workers shall not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during rest periods", or something else to that effect?

You would think workers would not need to be told that they're required to be sober during their shifts, but if it's not actually spelled out in the contract, management may be limited in their available responses. With many companies, they would only be able to set up alcoholism or drug counselling.

If the economy was doing well and all the workers were needed, the company would find it cheaper than hiring and training new workers, but in this economy, it might be seen as a handy way to get rid of some dead wood, as well as serving as an example to the workers who hide their habits better than these stooges.

Thanks guy's... you are welcome at my place anytime.... I cook one heck of a breakfast for anyone that has to stay overnight....

Hmmmm, 5 hours from Beaumont. About the same distance as Beaumont to Corpus. Not a bad ride.

Your right, not a bad drive from Beaumont... plus several "Bloody Mary's" to ease any tensions one might have.... lol.... always a part of my breakfast feasts.....

In Germany workers get their beer break as part of lunch. Their cars don't seem to suffer for it.

Alas that was the past, sometimes in Bavaria it is still so.

Everywhere else is beer a no no during working hours, although 1 with your lunch usually is not a problem, depends on the company.

MY GRANDFATHER WORKED AT ANHEISER BUSH,,HE WAS ALLOWED 6 BOTTLES A DAY.. I LOVED WALKING HIM HOME..HE would stop at a tavern and bring home a cold pail of beer...He,d give me a couples of slurps..