Brainstorming klipschorn veneer choices... opinions and suggestions?

formica

My plan is to eventually build a pair of K-horns veneered in relatively dark pecan crotch-wood  But I also intend for the front panel and the H/F top panel to have marquetry inlay going on....in something like jet black ebony...using the pie-slice logo.  I think it would look too cool, and all be dark enough to not be too loud, but still be visible.  The logos in something like jet black ebony will not be small, either!  Dead center! on those panels!!

It could also be done in something like black walnut with maple inlays....but that would be much louder for the eyes, IMHO!

Actually, I wish Klipsch would come out with a special edition, maybe the 75th anniversary edition??...doing something like that!! The veneer with its logo marquetry inlays would negate the NEED to have any other logo on the speaker, except maybe something small near the kick-plate with "75th Anniversary Edition" on it.

And if THAT had a hinge at its top edge, and you lifted it up...there could be an inset "bulllshit" button underneath it there!!  IOW...You could lift up the part that says "75th Anniversary Edition", and under it wouild be a small bullshiit button...out of sight unless the  "lid" is lifted!...as needed!

I have always liked this idea of mine!  Let veneer-inlays be the logo!  And have a hidden bullshit button that can be "displayed as necessary"!

Edited by HDBRbuilder
added additional info
  • Like 1