advice on changing up pre-amps

Hi guys , I'll list my gear later but for now I am pretty new to the 2-chl game. When there was a little cash I went w/ a h/t system which is ok but as it turns out I'm more of a music fan than movies.So I get the itch and start to look for a 2-ch set up.I started w/ speakers and luck would have it I made a great find on C/L, a pair of Infinity SM112S that were refoamed and the cabinets are pristine. The guy was moving to Europe and just had to unload them and I got there first. Next was the amp and I tried E-Bay and kept getting outbid so I went to Audio Classics and site unseen got an Adcom gfa555 200wt amp.I was using my Yamaha amp w/ pre-outs but it wasn't quite doing what I expected. The next stop was a garage sale and got an Onkyo p301 pre w/ all funtions working great.This is going on a year or so and was wondering if changing up pre-amps would make that much difference.In a perfect world I would get a MacIntosh c-28 but they go for some big bucks that I just don't have right now. The other option I was lokking at was the Adcom 500 series of preamps and they are all over e-bay and a-gon and very reansonable.So the question is would changing up of the pre-amps improve or would just be statis quo. Anyone w/ experience w/ the Adcom pre your advice or will be appreciated.Btw I use 14gu clear spkr wire ,bananas for ends and HDMI to both tv and cdp.Thanks ....LW

H/T---Yamaha RX-V665 AVR----Klipsch 500setw/ 8in pwrd sub---Denon 1940ci cdp--Yamaha YSD-11 Dock --I-Pod----Tosiba au37 lcd

2-chl---Adcom gfa555 200watt pc----Infinty SM112s---Onkyo P301-pre----Samson surge/pro---Shure Pro240 headphones----Denon1940 ci cdp shared

Anyone w/ experience w/ the Adcom pre your advice or will be appreciated.

I owned an Adcom GTP-450 and had it paired with my B&K Reference 4430 driving my RF-63's. Sounded fantastic, great tuner.

I have a B&K PT-3II tuner/preamp that I may put up for sale very soon. It also has a subwoofer preout. Great sounding and in great condition.

Bill