i'm new here, lets make friends!

pimpmaynard

i'm new to the site. to introduce myself; i'm kelly, i'm 26, and i'm from clio, michigan (near flint, mi.) i work at a local community college as a workstudy student in the Audio/Video department. it's a lot of fun. since i began my job, my audio obsession has refocused from mainly car audio to mainly home audio and home theaters. now i have a basement and a bedroom full of speakers, haha. my current setup in my bedroom is this:

cerwin vega at-15's (main), cerwin vega at-12 (center), cerwin vega at-10's (surround back), cerwin vega at-8's (surround back/zone b -for quiet night viewing), a 100 watt athena 8 inch down firing sub from a micra 6 set, all monster speaker wire, nakamichi banana plugs on all termination points, knukonceptz optical cable connecting the pioneer VSX-816-k to the media pc. acoustic research cables for the sub. infocus in24+ projector ceiling mounted with a panoview 80'' projector screen with hangers installed.

post-51918-13819660034842_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum... It sounds (and looks) like you've got some nice gear. There are some great folks here, on this forum, that can give you good advice, answer questions, recommend music and sometimes make you laugh. Come over to the "Right This Minute" thread sometime.... Boxx

Get away while you can. This place is BAD. People here share your ideas of hoarding speakers. If you have a choice between two sets, people here will tell you to buy both and compare for yourself. They push this addiction further. That is how a poor kid like me can have Chorus IIs, Quartets, Academy, Tangent 500s, and fortes while enjoying my father's system of La Scalas, 3 Heresys, and 2 CornScalas. (All Heritage or relatives).

Well, if you are still reading, welcome to this place. And when you want to sell some khorns, don't call me as I am out of money. I even passed on $550 Cornwall Decorators that looked nice.

• Moderators

Welcome [Y] Haven't seen that many CV speakers in one place before, very nice.

I have to ask, is that a pic of you ? Wild beard you got going on, how long it takes to grow like that, need some dark glasses to go with it. [H] [;)]

Welcome to the Forum! Some survival tips!

Many crazy things here. Many, many things... If in doubt consult with a mystic or read the leaves

Always take your pills before signing on...

It's probably best not to get your hair or beard cut as it gives you an aura of great power which, when you clean out the CV's and get a coupla' pairs of K'horns, you will be able to project mind control powers in the Garage Sale section of the Forum.

Gotta' run..... "Big Nurse" is headed down the hallway with the electrodes again!!!

[H]

Welcome to the Forum! Some survival tips!

Many crazy things here. Many, many things... If in doubt consult with a mystic or read the leaves

Always take your pills before signing on...

It's probably best not to get your hair or beard cut as it gives you an aura of great power which, when you clean out the CV's and get a coupla' pairs of K'horns, you will be able to project mind control powers in the Garage Sale section of the Forum.

Gotta' run..... "Big Nurse" is headed down the hallway with the electrodes again!!!

Cool

well, my friend, i have been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice vintage set of LS in my area. i would also go for some belle's. hence why i'm here, plus i just really like audio in the first place. unfortunately, i can't afford the 3k-6k it would take to get a couple sets of k-horns, but i do accept donations.. you could even write them off on your taxes! educational donations!

OK everybody, all together now........Hiiiiiii Kellllllly. Welcome to the forum.

Tell me the truth, can you even hear little that sub with all those big CV's?

you'd be surprised at just how powerful that little sub is. it makes quite an impact in my 10 x 12 bedroom. i keep the volumes reasonably low (max of -20 on my receiver, while i think it ranges to 0 or beyond.) it's only temporary, as i'm selling the athena micra 6 set it came from locally on craigslist. --but, that little sub pounds. i also have a KLH 12'' front firing sub downstairs that i don't use. i think it's the SW-12, 100 watts maybe? the athena sub is much better than the KLH.

What Up Pimp!

As mentioned; Welcome!

This place is addictive; because it fuels the speaker addiction.

That setup looks killer.

Klipsch is my #1 love; but there are lots of great speakers and gear out there.

When you get them Belles or LaScalas; post some pics!

(I also concur; do not shave the beard)..... [Y]

salutations rick! sorry if i'm being rude, but are you male or female? your username/avatar confuses me a bit. :)

I have wondered this, but come to the conclusion Rick has many hot girlfriends....... (Avatar is always changing with various pretty women)......

Sorry if I am wrong Rick..... [:$]

What Up Pimp!

As mentioned; Welcome!

This place is addictive; because it fuels the speaker addiction.

That setup looks killer.

Klipsch is my #1 love; but there are lots of great speakers and gear out there.

When you get them Belles or LaScalas; post some pics!

(I also concur; do not shave the beard)..... Yes

thanks ironsave! i've used some klipsch products in the past, and a friend of mine used to own a pair of la scala's. so i've experienced the goodness.

i won't be shaving this beard for a long time. i get a lot of compliments about it, lol. or terrorist accusations. either way, it's still funny.

as soon as i get some new goodies i'll be posting away.d

here is another small collection i have:

post-51918-13819660118084_thumb.jpg