i'm new here, lets make friends!

pimpmaynard

salutations rick! sorry if i'm being rude, but are you male or female? your username/avatar confuses me a bit. :)

I have wondered this, but come to the conclusion Rick has many hot girlfriends....... (Avatar is always changing with various pretty women)......

Sorry if I am wrong Rick..... Embarrassed

I think they're typically female singers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum! Some survival tips!

Many crazy things here. Many, many things... If in doubt consult with a mystic or read the leaves

Always take your pills before signing on...

It's probably best not to get your hair or beard cut as it gives you an aura of great power which, when you clean out the CV's and get a coupla' pairs of K'horns, you will be able to project mind control powers in the Garage Sale section of the Forum.

Gotta' run..... "Big Nurse" is headed down the hallway with the electrodes again!!!

Cool

always good advice, and I recommend you wear a cup. And yes, definitely keep the beard,.... and never ever forget the golden rule..... "Protect yourself at all times",

there's lots of strange voodoo that happens in here.

Welcome to the Forum! Some survival tips!

Many crazy things here. Many, many things... If in doubt consult with a mystic or read the leaves

Always take your pills before signing on...

It's probably best not to get your hair or beard cut as it gives you an aura of great power which, when you clean out the CV's and get a coupla' pairs of K'horns, you will be able to project mind control powers in the Garage Sale section of the Forum.

Gotta' run..... "Big Nurse" is headed down the hallway with the electrodes again!!!

Cool

well, my friend, i have been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice vintage set of LS in my area. i would also go for some belle's. hence why i'm here, plus i just really like audio in the first place. unfortunately, i can't afford the 3k-6k it would take to get a couple sets of k-horns, but i do accept donations.. you could even write them off on your taxes! educational donations!

You might be able to find a pair of K'horns for $1500 or so in the next few months. It's a funny market. Sometimes they're all over the place at reasonable prices. Other times they are like hen's teeth (at a reasonable price, anyways). LS's or Cornwalls will be your best buy right now. They show up all the time in the Garage Sale section.

Good luck on the search!

[H]

i would be willing to throw 1,500 at a pair of k-horns if they became available. haha. then i would have to find a place big enough to use them! i've considered selling my vega setup (i own the entire AT series, which i'm sure guys have heard of.) i think i would be hard pressed to find someone willing to hand me the amount of money i would want for them. minus the at-12 i'm using as a center channel, all my speakers are mint. i took great care when i built that collection (all purchased over craigslist in various parts of michigan) to make sure all the sets were as near perfect as humanly possible.

my goal with a set of la scalas is to use it in combination with my 120 inch da-lite portable projector screen, and a infocus in24+ for outside movies (like the drive in.) i feel like the la scalaswould add an outdoor punch and presence that other speakers would be unable to deliver.

clear starry night + blankets on grass with friends + big screen movies + la scalas + BEER = pretty good time.

anyone ever attempted outdoor projection?

they said i would experience craziness on these forums! thanks for the welcome, dave. and as far as my setup goes, it's pretty easy. i hit the power button on my receiver, i pick my audio pleasure, then i turn it up. it's a pretty simple process, really. but typically i don't like to stand while i'm listening to music, as my legs get tired. i often like to sit, and on rare occasions, i like to lay down and listen. thanks for your inquiry though!