Velodyne has gone ID

Heritage_Head

their pricing still looks painful, 1500 for an optimum 12...didnt see the dd's listed on the checkout area but im not sure i want to if the prices didnt go down, not a ton of incentive to go id if consumers arent going to benefit...

I agree. If their pricing does not improve; their business will not benefit.

(I get they are cutting out a lot of overhead; but as mentioned; what is the incentive for the customer?)

So they are pulling everything from there retail stores.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/velodyne-fires-reps-sells-direct-online

It doesn't sound like they are pulling out from dealers just yet:

Velodyne is still maintaining its relationships with dealers, retailers
and distributors. The only thing going away is independent sales reps.
Dealers and resellers will still have access to dealer pricing and will
be able to receive that pricing via the web upon checkout.

Maybe they are keeping prices the same on these lines to allow dealers to sell existing stock. Maybe new models will be ID only?

• Moderators

The article mentions their "new website"...the website pretty much looks the same except they have added a Buy Now button that links to an online shopping cart and have added a very cheezy looking header graphic (see below). I wonder if they cut their web master and are doing the website themselves? LOL

freeshipping.jpg

The article mentions their "new website"...the website pretty much looks the same except they have added a Buy Now button that links to an online shopping cart and have added a very cheezy looking header graphic (see below). I wonder if they cut their web master and are doing the website themselves? LOL

freeshipping.jpg

LMAO I know right!!? Looks like something out of 1991.

I can’t speak to Velodyne directly but I know almost all

speaker brands that were sold at ultimate electronics (friend worked there) the

retail price was almost twice the actual cost. So if they sold a pair of rf-7ii

the stores cost was about 1600 for a pair. Def tech was even less so it’s a crazy

mark up. I said this on another forum a few months ago but if these brands don’t

change they will all be gone.

The 50% markup for the most part is correct. I mean, the retailers sell it for what the manufacturer suggest it at, but only pay about half. That's why I am praying that Magnolia will get the Reference line again. I can never go back to retail.

The 50% markup for the most part is correct. I mean, the retailers sell it for what the manufacturer suggest it at, but only pay about half. That's why I am praying that Magnolia will get the Reference line again. I can never go back to retail.

??? You can't wait for the Magnolia to get Reference but you never can go back to retail? Correct me if I'm wrong but Magnolia is the section for high end equipment in Best Buy and they are a retail chain right?

First the reps...........then the dealers. Then they will be truly ID.

Right now they are keeping dealers...........but it looks like they have to order on-line like everyone else............they just get better pricing. Once the on-line thing catches on for awhile, I bet they axe the dealers and go full ID.

It's an almost necessary move for the company as costs to make woofers is out of site, and can't all be passed to consumers.