How can I open a CS-500 small speaker?

Gneen

I have a CS-500 system and dropped one of the smaller speakers.

It still functions but there is a heavy piece that is loose inside the small enclosure.

I don't want to pry at the grill and there is no apparent way to get at the insides of the unit. The hole in the back of the speaker doesn't allow much access and the small screw near the input jack does not seem to loosen anything.

Does anyone know the magic incantation to open up the small speaker enclosure?

ADVthanksANCE.

=Gneen

I'm not sure if we have exactly the same speaker set but on my h/t 500 speakers I pulled off the grills then were the grills fit is a piece of rubber that is removeable.This allows you to get to the screws to open up the speaker. These are also smalls but not called cs. If your grills are not removeable for any reason do not do what I did on my set.Btw I did just look up your set,and we DO NOT have the same set.

You should call 1-800-KLIPSCH and ask for service. They might be able to at least give you some advice. They should know something.

Maybe the grills can be popped off with the aid of butter knife. If you're uncomfortable with applying force, you have to make a mental calculation. If I break something but get to the guts, am I better or worse off. Maybe you'd rther live with the condition rather than do risky surgery.

Some electrical type units have screws on the bottom and they are covered by rubber feet or the like which can be removed and then glued back in place. Naturally I can't say for your speakers. But you could look for something like this.

WMcD