Klipsch $20,000 39F vs $8,000 37F-woofer and MDF? What?

CiscoKid123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $20,000 Dynaudio Confidence C4 will take a dump on the P39F pallidums anyways, not bashing Klipsch because I've heard their Klipschorns are some of the best speakers available when properly setup comparing if not better than the C4s.

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine.....
I found him.... You can't delete everything fellow... lol..

In audio, like in many areas of life, a diminishing return factor sets in. With audio it presents as physical size and economic cost. Many folks can't justify the added expense and increased footprint of a Klipschorn over a Heresey (or Bose cubes). They're happy with 80-90% of the performance at a small fraction of the cost. To a few more, it's worth paying a multiple of the cost to get that last bit of increased performance.

The most basic principle is you don't have to spend the money if it's not worth it to you.

If someone were to suggest that a Toyota and a Ferrari will each get you to the store in the same amount of time at the legal limit, so why would you you spend many times more to get a Ferrari, it would be pointless to try convince them otherwise. Likewise, it's pointless to try to convince the Ferrari owner that he/she has wasted his/her money.

To quote Boxxx, " To each his own."

Good Point!

The $20,000 Dynaudio Confidence C4 will take a dump on the P39F pallidums anyways, not bashing Klipsch because I've heard their Klipschorns are some of the best speakers available when properly setup comparing if not better than the C4s.

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine.....
I found him.... You can't delete everything fellow... lol..

Not to be out done.......

The Kid was a relative from my sisters daughter-in-laws side of my cousin-in-laws uncles family twice removed and three times replaced.

My new jubs are being finished in Raw Birch

You're ordering a pair from the factory or are these a clone pair?

You getting the 402 for the top or something else? Active?

Congrats to you..... you'll have to post some pictures on arrival/setup & give your opinion. There are a handful of people who made the leap of faith and bought them without ever hearing them first. I don't know if I could have done that. Being familar with the Klipsch sound and having LaScalas and (at the time) Khorns..... perhaps I could have... I don't know.

Congrats to you..... you'll have to post some pictures on arrival/setup & give your opinion. There are a handful of people who made the leap of faith and bought them without ever hearing them first. I don't know if I could have done that. Being familar with the Klipsch sound and having LaScalas and (at the time) Khorns..... perhaps I could have... I don't know.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Thank-you and thanks to all the jub owners for their valuable opinions and comments. When I was 19 back in 1975 I was offered a job in a HiFi shop and sitting in the corners were a pair of decorators finish Khorns, in 1976 I ordered my LaScalas and then use them to mix live bands with my Marantz 1200B 70's - 80's. So the jubs are a logical addition for me after reading the AES-Volume 48, Number 10, 2000 October on the Jubilee development by Paul & Roy, together with jub owner opinions and comments. It's as if I already know what to expect.

My "Factory" jubs (soon to arrive) with 402 & K69 powered by a pair of Pass Labs X350.5 Bi-amped 1 ch for lf 1 ch for hf. The A&H iDR8 will be pre amp, xover, eq and matrix remixing of 5.1 from "proposed OPPO BDP-95" into 4 channels. hdmi direct to proposed LG 65LW6500 TV.

I will be using my (1975) Marantz 1200B with my "sisters" (1981) Heresy 1's as rear surrounds.

Possible Heresy upgrade is Bi-amp 409 & K69.

My Yamaha C2a pre and B2x power drive my (1976) LaScala, possible upgrade is Bi-amp 402 & K69.

If I Bi-Amp the Heresy and LaScala I will use the B2x for the hf's and the 1200B for the lf's the iDR8 as xover, etc.

Here is the pic of the lf's in the factory that Roy sent to me on 28th July 2011

post-45280-1381966086653_thumb.jpg

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile Thank-you and thanks to all the jub owners for their valuable opinions and comments. When I was 19 back in 1975 I was offered a job in a HiFi shop and sitting in the corners were a pair of decorators finish Khorns, in 1976 I ordered my LaScalas and then use them to mix live bands with my Marantz 1200B 70's - 80's. So the jubs are a logical addition for me after reading the AES-Volume 48, Number 10, 2000 October on the Jubilee development by Paul & Roy, together with jub owner opinions and comments. It's as if I already know what to expect. My "Factory" jubs (soon to arrive) with 402 & K69 powered by a pair of Pass Labs X350.5 Bi-amped 1 ch for lf 1 ch for hf. The A&H iDR8 will be pre amp, xover, eq and matrix remixing of 5.1 from "proposed OPPO BDP-95" into 4 channels. hdmi direct to proposed LG 65LW6500 TV.

I will be using my (1975) Marantz 1200B with my "sisters" (1981) Heresy 1's as rear surrounds.

My Yamaha C2a pre and B2x power drive my (1976) LaScala, possible upgrade is Bi-amp 402 & K69.

If I Bi-Amp the Heresy and LaScala I will use the B2x for the hf's and the 1200B for the lf's the iDR8 as xover, etc.

Here is the pic of the lf's in the factory that Roy sent to me on 28th July 2011

Rodrocket-

This deserves a thread of its own. Otherwise, it'll go unnoticed in this trolling expedition.

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile Thank-you and thanks to all the jub owners for their valuable opinions and comments. When I was 19 back in 1975 I was offered a job in a HiFi shop and sitting in the corners were a pair of decorators finish Khorns, in 1976 I ordered my LaScalas and then use them to mix live bands with my Marantz 1200B 70's - 80's. So the jubs are a logical addition for me after reading the AES-Volume 48, Number 10, 2000 October on the Jubilee development by Paul & Roy, together with jub owner opinions and comments. It's as if I already know what to expect. My "Factory" jubs (soon to arrive) with 402 & K69 powered by a pair of Pass Labs X350.5 Bi-amped 1 ch for lf 1 ch for hf. The A&H iDR8 will be pre amp, xover, eq and matrix remixing of 5.1 from "proposed OPPO BDP-95" into 4 channels. hdmi direct to proposed LG 65LW6500 TV.

Rodrocket-

This deserves a thread of its own. Otherwise, it'll go unnoticed in this trolling expedition.

I could call it "New Jubs on the Block"

• 5 months later...

I have a set of H/D 500s whoopee and you guys are going on and on about the Flagship line costing more.It's there for people who can afford it, and it's that simple do they need it no want it yes. As said many times before each to his own I personally would love a pair of KLF 30s if anybody is in the donating kind of mood.

get the KLF20s over the KLF30s...I just boxed my 20s up to send to my parents new home theater room. my friend has the 30s and we both felt the 20s sounded beter with better bass responce. Plus the 30s are super freaking huge!

I do love the KLF series though

• 3 months later...

There's a guy I know, a close friend of my brother, who ould buy the P39F in the morning and forget how much they were by the afternoon. Kinda like when I'm at the grocery store and the cashier tells me how much, and I pop in my credit card and punch in my code, and couldn't tell you how much i paid by the time I got to the car.

• 5 months later...

Well, all this still doesn't explain why Klipsch hasn't made a Klipschorn or Klipschorn Jubilee (as PWK wanted to call it) complete with DSP crossovers & time alignment with optional on board active digital amplification, the entire structure and horn(s) made out of molded Corian in cool colors/textures with optional wood finishes and rounded shapes/edges with smooth surfaces inside and out and dual bass sections, one below and one on top with a commenserate price tag of, let's say $500,000 to compete with the likes of a Genesis 1.2. Hell, why stop at $500,000? Price it like a Bugatti Veyron! Fred will only need to sell a few to pay for a new mansion. And then of course, he can hire me to design it!

Genesis Advanced Technologies, Absolute Fidelity, High End Performance Stereo Loudspeakers and Cables

Well, all this still doesn't explain why Klipsch hasn't made a Klipschorn or Klipschorn Jubilee (as PWK wanted to call it) complete with DSP crossovers & time alignment with optional on board active digital amplification ... then of course, he can hire me to design it!

(Shameless plug) And hire me to do the DSP work!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

No footstool?

Of course NOT!

A footstool would cause nearfield diffraction similar to a coffee table or other nearby objects and ruin everything that $250,000 speaker system is capable of producing.

And who want's to see their stinky feet sticking up in front of the "illusion" anyway?

[:S]