delhite2

my current 7.1 setup consists of:

Fr L/R= RF82

Cen = RC62

Side Surr= RS52

Rear Surr= RC52

Sub= RW12D

AVR= Onkyo TX SR 705

i am building a new HT room which will be having two rows of seating, so I was thinking maybe I could add another pair of side surrounds (dedicated amp)

to give a more enveloping surround effect, even the room is very long at around 26 feet, with width being 16 feet.

i would avoid spending too much also by buing another pair of RS52s so i was thinking if Synergy S-20 or Polk Fxi A4 can do the job.

Opinions please.

Well, that system looks an awful lot like mine (see sig)! Also, I have a dedicated HT room of smiliar length (11 X 24). Something I would propose is to add a second sub before adding the extra surrounds...But, as to your original question, would those work well? I don't know, I'd try and stay within the Reference line-up. Have you considered RS-42s or even 41s? The great thing about the Klipsch Reference surrounds is that they have a big sweet spot, and I would try and keep it "in the family," but that's just my opinion. Also, consider used! The used Reference series has dropped in price drastically in recent months, so there are deals to be had if you are pateint. Good luck and get us some pics of your new room.

agreed with the staying in the reference category, id look around for some rb61s used to cut the price down, not sure how the rc52(s) handle surround duty but i know when i had my rs52s and rb81s prior to upgrading to rs62s they had no problem filling a room with sound

i dont see an amp listed, this would make a huge difference and probably be your most worthwhile upgrade, best part is the 705 has preouts, my vote goes for a 5 channel amp like the xpa5 over any additional speakers, you could add a 7 channel amp but that will likely be more money and your avr can easily cover rear speakers with no problem

my room comes out at around 26 wide and extends back around 30 in the usable part (basement) with 0 complaints for how much sound goes into the room or even outside for that fact

YES! Stay with Reference!

Synergy speakers are great, i have some but keep things in line with all reference. I prefer the reference speakers over the synergy speakers, just havnt done the switch yet lol..

Like people have stated, shop on craigslist or ebay for a good condition set of used ones, you can get em pretty good price if you shop right..

Dont settle, get the reference surrounds, just look look and look some more until you find em!

@ cornfedksboy second sub is definitely on the cards, i'm in India so used stuff is hard to come by, unless you are coming anytime soon, you'll be most welcome.

@ elitedemo the RC52s do a fantastic job as rears. they are wider, more effecient and more powerful as well, the RBs sure will go a lot more low than RCs but belive me they are superb.

@ TurboGen thanks for the advice.