Palladium SHOW OFF - let's see them!

TurboGen

DizRotus, Thanks. I was beginning to feel like I had committed the unpardonable sin. We plan to have a beautiful finished space downstairs. However, we just got done buying a home, two cars, a fine HT System, and a host of other things...all paid for, not on credit, so we're lucky we even have hot and cold running water. Of course that's no excuse for not picking up the towel or the extra wiring. What's done is done and thanks again for giving me a little wiggleroom. Nic

• 3 weeks later...

%5Cdata%5CSKULE%5CPRIVAT%5CANNET%5CStevnI have posted some of these pics before but in another thread. As they may really belong here I thought I'd get them out there for all of you to enjoy so here it is - my 39f/27c/17b/27s 7.1 system.

The system with the Marantz Av 7005 and the two 5 channel MM 7055s where I use 6 channels to bi-amp the 39fs and the 27c:

%5Cdata%5CSKULE%5CPRIVAT%5CANNET%5CStevn

post-48432-1381966575341_thumb.jpg

The sides and the rear - now you can see why I prefer the 17bs for sides as i have no walls to hang 27s on here. Even if the 27s rears are quite close to the counch I love the 7.1 full immersion sound field they produce. Now that more and more 7.1 blurays are hitting the shelf I am so glad I upgraded to the "proper" 7.1 setup:

post-48432-1381966575755_thumb.jpg

Side view from the window side where you can see how the room opens up to the hall, office and stairway. On the couch you can see the 39f and 27c covers - I love the speakers without the covers on but that was the wife's one requirement - "if those huge speakers are coming in here, you better use the covers" - that compromise was for sure worth it!!!

post-48432-1381966575859_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!!

This week I had the pleasure of helping to set up another system at a friend's house, a Synergy 5.1 system. Not too many of my friends have a surround system so I don't get to listen to other systems that often. We got the Synergy up and running and after a few tweaks, adding a carpet and moving the speakers a little, we re-ran the Pioneer calibration system and ended up with a great movie night.

The point of this story? Well, last night the missus and I had a movie night here in our own Palladium heaven - and now I really know how spoilt I am - man the sound is good here. My friend was extremely happy with his setup, and I will not argue with him, it actually sounds great - but, I have to say that Palladium is a different world [:$]