Palladium SHOW OFF - let's see them!

TurboGen

I would imagine the cinema line is as good or probably even better due to much larger horns and cabinets. With the Palladium you are paying as much for very fine quality furniture as you are the sound. It's a complete package but it has design limitations trying to appeal to high end decor. I can build a 2500 lb rat rod with a 700 HP motor for 20k and smoke any 60-80k car out there. It won't have the fit and finish and comfort but it will be faster. Same goes for speakers. 

• Like 2

This is an interesting discussion.  The polar response of the speaker and positioning in the room play a big part in the soundstage that we hear.  Depending on room size and setup, I would think that the Palladiums or the Cinema speakers should be able to deliver an outstanding experience.  The one thing that I have learned on the forum is that big speakers are required for big sound, realism, deapth and effortless reproduction of a mix.

I would imagine the cinema line is as good or probably even better due to much larger horns and cabinets. With the Palladium you are paying as much for very fine quality furniture as you are the sound. It's a complete package but it has design limitations trying to appeal to high end decor. I can build a 2500 lb rat rod with a 700 HP motor for 20k and smoke any 60-80k car out there. It won't have the fit and finish and comfort but it will be faster. Same goes for speakers. 

Someone finally gets it.  If I had a huge basement I'd go cinema and dress them up or put them behind a screen.  In my living room, the Palladiums fit right in and perform very well with their design limitations (relatvely small size). 

• Like 1