I am not Bummed Anymore!

Mr. Blorry

Hey everybody that read the "Bummed" thread--I finally moved! I got my own house-in the city, and it's a piece of crap, but it's ALL MINE! Nobody above me, beneath me, beside me. I'm still a little paranoid about really cranking--so much so that I wound it up with Steely Dan-- Two Against Nature, and crept outside. I must have looked like an idiot, creeping around my own house in the dark, in the snow. I can hear it, but it can't possibly be annoying to anyone except the earthworms. NOW I can finally hear my 20s! All I can say is Holy S**t!! Now I can let them break in properly, and now I can see that in certain situations, I may even need MORE bass! Here's a question: from those of you who have heard the Legends, would I be better off upgrading to the KLF 30s, or should I get a sub? If sub is the answer, which one is a compliment to the Legends? I did get the C7, and it is awesome! Too bad the old bags aren't around, they'd get a "kick" out of my new sound! I checked out my new neighbors, and even though I haven't met any of them yet (too damn cold), I can tell that not ONE of them was born in the 1800s!! I checked out all the photos of Mr. Paul from the Hope get together, and he's older than the fossils I lived next to at the old place--why couldn't they be as cool as Mr. Paul? Wouldn't suprise me if they were Klipsch "virgins" before I came around. biggrin.gif

Rock on dude. I get the neighbors across the street and 2 houses down knocking on my door talking bout' I'm shaking their house...doubtful but flattering none the less smile.gif

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Good for you Mr Blorry! Now you can enjoy your music! As far as Mr. Paul goes....he is just FANTASTIC! I thank God that he was born such a genius. Every since I first heard some K-Horns I have never been the same. No speaker will ever outdo Klipsch as far as I am concerned. Thank God too for bringing me a man with good enough taste to recognize the best, Steve P. Life is sooooo good! biggrin.gif

------------------

The token female for the Klipsch Fan Club Tour 2001

Mr. Blorry,

I've had a pair of JBL L-300 Summits in my family for about 25 years now. These must have been the industrial kind because we bought them from a local dance-club and the cabinets aren't as nice and furniture looking. The woofers have been replaced with Altec's and nothing short of CPR that sounds wonderful. Many a people have walked by our house on the sidewalk, looked up at the house and said "Nice Band!". Especially playing Jethro Tull (those are the same people you have to tell "It's a 'they' not a 'he'!). Just before we moved out of that house we were agaze at the 1/2" wide cracks in the plaster of the walls they caused. Pink Floyd' "Meddle" (sp) was also a favorite.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

Carver Receiver MXR-150

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

dbx 3bx Series Two

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Original Monster Cable

I have to agree with mdeneen. I used to have just the CF3's and now I also have the 4's. Going from 10's to 12's is a LIVE difference. But mdeneen you got to run all 4 together with 4 channels of amp. Talk about live, I mean LIVE in your face screamin' head pounding, eye blurring, ear bleeding, swallow your tongue type sh*t. I LOVE IT LOUD!!!

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

I have had lots of opportunity to listen to KLF-20 and KLF-30 side by side. There is a bass difference, especially in dynamic peaks. Checking the frequency response plots also reveals a difference on steady state test tones. All in all though, I would advise that you check out the forthcoming Reference subs to add to your system. Because a sub is designed specifically to reproduce the lowest octaves, IMO you'll get a better return on your added investment by using a high quality subwoofer rather than by upgrading to KLF-30's. People on this board will have suggestions as to which sub. If you have the patience, make sure to check out the new RSW subs - it won't be too much longer.

But BobG2, aren't the new subs going to be quite pricey? This upgrade I'm talking about will only put me back $300 or so. Since I've gone past the pain of what the KLFs cost me initially, it's like getting a pair of smokin' speakers for only $300! Will the subs be as affordable? And what about what mdeneen says that the 30s have more presence in the 60 hz to 200 hz range, but subs will only account for below 60 hz or so? I'm not lookin' to change my underwear every time while I watch a movie; I just want more PUNCH! cool.gif