EV Patrician IV home construction

barefootpoet

Thank you JL. Its basically a combination of me not having any experience with cutting plywood and the know-how. I've messed up cuttting the curves of the top part of the 200 cylce horn three times and twice on the back part # 22. And 4X8 plywood is $35 a pop. In addition I should have researched this beforehand but I doubt I'd be able to find the two A8419 plastic horns that backfire for the mid bass as well as a 18WK so its probably for the best. My hats off to those who've build one successfully.

Thank you JL. Its basically a combination of me not having any experience with cutting plywood and the know-how. I've messed up cuttting the curves of the top part of the 200 cylce horn three times and twice on the back part # 22. And 4X8 plywood is $35 a pop. In addition I should have researched this beforehand but I doubt I'd be able to find the two A8419 plastic horns that backfire for the mid bass as well as a 18WK so its probably for the best. My hats off to those who've build one successfully.

A project that may be a little more within your abilities is a Bill Fitzmaurice design speaker. He has a lot to choose from, and they are all buildable from obtainable parts. I have built 2 Tuba Home Theater subs, a 2X 10 guitar speaker, and an Auto Tuba. I had very little prior woodworking experience. Last month I built an entertainment center. I would have never tried that before I did the speakers. It is a great way to learn.

• 8 years later...

I built two of these back in the mid 80’s from the plans that EV sold. My father built one unit back in the 50’s. I just finished revamping the tweeter and mid-high horn with Klipsch 77 and 55 drivers. My build looks like a very large set of Khorns. I’ve been pleased with them for many years but the current upgrade I did brightened them up from the drivers I had originally built them with. I’ve enclosed a picture. Hope the best for anyone building these. There were a few things in the plans that had to be figured out during construction.

647A0757-250D-4D82-BC66-731C59A386DD.jpeg

Edited by GPS _Jon
Corrections and additions
  • Like 1