Why is this forum so dead?

The ProMedia 4.1s can't be that unpopular? What is going on here?

------------------

"IN FOOTBALL, I ROOT FOR THE OAKLAND RAIDERS, BECAUSE THEY HIRE

CASTOFFS, OUTLAWS, MALCONTENTS AND F#CKUPS. THEY HAVE LOTS OF PENALTIES, FIGHTS, AND PAYBACKS AND BECAUSE AL DAVIS TOLD THE REST OF THE PIG NFL OWNERS TO GO GET F#CKED! SOMEDAY, THE RAIDERS WILL BE STRONG AGAIN AND THEY WILL DIP THE BALL IN SH!T, AND SHOVE IT DOWN THE THROATS OF THE WHOLESOME, SH!TTY, HEARTLAND TEAMS THAT PRAY TOGETHER AND DON'T DELIVER LATE HITS"

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

My response is z-560, I dont see any reason to get the promedias anymore. Except for that special few who enjoys the "promedia" sound (don't say Klipsch, that is a discrase to the reference series). They do exist though, Justin is one of them, some people enjoy the sound of the horns.

well, the only true horn speakers by klipsch are the commercial theater speakers like those of the jubilee and then the klipsch heritage, the rest are not truly horn speakers, besides a hornloaded tweeter.

the 560s lack a tweeter all together, that i don't accept...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

My response is z-560, I dont see any reason to get the promedias anymore.

- Tighter bass.

- Non-congested midrange.

- Airy, extended highs.

- Subwoofer level much more neutral.

- Dynamic range.

- Superior build quality.

- Better imaging.

• Like 1

quote:

Originally posted by OTL:

- Tighter bass.

- Airy, extended highs.

- Dynamic range.

- Better imaging.

ditto

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

westside: People will usually only go to a BB if there are problems with the product. I read the lack of heavy activity here to mean there just aren't a heck of a lot of people having problems with the 4.1's. Understand that there are some people with defects, and that is to be expected. A lack of "heavy" activity is a good sign.

• 3 weeks later...

Justin you are one funny Answering Machine

"the 560s lack a tweeter all together, that i don't accept..."

You dont accept what,the fact some full range drivers can reproduce the upper range very well?The fact some full range speakers use only ONE full range driver and can sound better then most multi driver designs.

I heard a few full range speakers that put to shame the PM series and even quite expensive "audiophile" grade speakers.

Its all in the design.The more speakers you have to distribute a given frequency the less uniform the sound.A pointsource is ideal,and a great full range is better then two mid quality(midrange/tweeter).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

- Tighter bass.

Agreed, but not as loud or deep. If you're going to get boomy bass, get the louder, deeper boomy bass.

Listen to a good pair of speakers, then come and say that.

- Airy, extended highs.

Airy, no, very very far from airy. Possibly airier, but then again, I've read a lot to say the high end of the z-560 is almost as good. Haven't heard a well setup z-560. Extended, I'll give you that, the small advantage to a tweeter.

True

- Dynamic range.

No, the z-560s are louder

Don't have experience with owning z-560, but again I'll give you that.

- Better imaging.

No, I can't imagine hardly anything having worse imaging than the pros, and this again contradicts everything I've read about the z-560.

Remeber folks, the z-560 can be found as cheap as $115 from what I've read, to be fair I'll say $130, almost half the price of the lowest you can find the 4.1s. The way it was with pc speakers is that the only reason to buy the pros was that they were louder and had deeper bass than anything else in the price range. Those were the ONLY reasons, now something beat them in both. When you say there is tighter bass, its not much, and if you want tight bass, you wouldn't get the pros anyway. You can say this for any of the other things the pros are a bit better than the z-560, if people thought tight bass, better highs and a neutral sub, they wouldn't get the 4.1s anyway.

Then again, a lot of the draw backs to the 4.1 have been fixed in the 5.1, with the exception of the midrange not being much better, as is with the imaging.

quote:

- Tighter bass.

Agreed, but not as loud or deep. If you're going to get boomy bass, get the louder, deeper boomy bass.

Mark measured the Klipsch sub getting down slightly lower.

quote:

Listen to a good pair of speakers, then come and say that.

More than I can post here.

quote:

- Airy, extended highs.

Airy, no, very very far from airy. Possibly airier, but then again, I've read a lot to say the high end of the z-560 is almost as good. Haven't heard a well setup z-560. Extended, I'll give you that, the small advantage to a tweeter.

No, having good hearing to 21khz and beyond I haven't heard a single driver system that sounded right. They don't convey the texture or sheen of the high end like a good tweeter.

quote:

- Dynamic range.

No, the z-560s are louder

Dynamic range = The ratio between the quietest and loudest portions on the music signal.

quote:

- Better imaging.

No, I can't imagine hardly anything having worse imaging than the pros, and this again contradicts everything I've read about the z-560.

Listen for yourself. The ones on audition had the upper bass creeping into the midrange. Imaging was a smeared mess. I'll take the flat distinguisable placement of the Pro's.

• Like 1

Can anyone say, the one-two punch that is the Altec 641 and the Logitech z560? Each of those beats the Promedia 4.1 in their own way in sound quality, and both beat it in price, big time....

------------------

"Feh."

This message has been edited by Gluegun on 06-05-2002 at 03:42 AM