K-400 midrange horns

Billy joe

I have been doing a lot of reading about the Fastrac horns, and i would like to do this with my La Scalas. I need to sell my k-400 horns, and maybe some other things so i can scape up the cash. I have checked the completed listings on Ebay, but there's not really to much to go on. Does anyone have any idea what i could get for the horns. Thanks Bill.

Hi Bill,

Unfortunatley, I don't think you an expect much for a pair of K-400 horns. The better, newer K-401 horns (made of a composite material and not prone to ringing) are available from Klipsch for about $50 each. Unless someone really WANTS the K-400s...

The Fastrac horns would be a major improvement, even staying with the K-55 driver.

Bruce

As Marvel said. Due to the ready and inexpensive availability of the composite K401, the K400's have little value anymore. At best you may be able to sell them for $100 or so. The only way to find out is to list them in the Garage Sale Section, and/or eBay.

Cannot attest to the fastrac type of horn as I use the 401's in my Klipschorns. Variety of reasons really, room size, volume level, mid-driver selection (PD5VH), crossover type, etc.

I have listened to tractrix horns in my khorns and I was very pleased with the results.

The improvement over the K-400 was clear.

I'd suggest to check the completed auctions on Ebay to see what the last few have sold for. There are alot of folks who have no idea how economical it is to purchase the K-401 from Klipsch Parts.