A little help with Heresy Decorators Please...

cornfedksboy

There's a C-list posting in Tulsa for some Klipsch Heresy Is. Per the add, they are black laquer speakers from 1978 and they appear to be in excellent condition. Seller is asking $375.00, and as my brother lives in Tulsa, it wouldn't be too difficult to have him pick them up and deliver them.

What I'm looking for is a 2-channel or 2.1 channel set-up for an 11 X 14 X 8 room (positioned along the long wall) using an inexpensive integrated tube amp (maybe 10-25 wpc) or a modern HK or Yammy 2-channel integrated (60-80 wpc). Not being overly familiar with H Is, would these speakers be appropriate?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/ele/2598778512.html

Also, with the designation; HD-BB, does that mean they are Klipsch Heresy, Decorator - Birch, Black? Is this a common designation? Were they originally black (most of the decorators I've seen are HD-BR; Birch, Raw) or painted? No Grills on these either, correct? If I were to add grills, how much would something like that cost? Is his asking price good, fair, or poor? Again, just don't know much about the decorators.

Thanks,

Jason

...I'm concerned that the flat black won't go well in our front room, which is a very traditional arts and crafts with oak furniture.

You can always veneer them. They will look good in oak.

Yeah, but then I'm out $75 for veneer and $75 for grills...total cost is $525 plus labor, and I just decimated a beautiful original finish cab. I think I will have to wait until some great HWOs or HOOs come up for sale near by. Thanks for all the info!