I Love You Klipsch!

m00n

Sweet. Smile.gif

Grills on or grills off? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grills on. I have two little boys. Toys and speakers don't make a good mix. cwm1.gif

I already learned my lesson. My 4 year old already pushed in the cone cover thing on my sub woffer in my truck. I took it to car toys where I bought it, he said it's not hurting the sound, but it sure looks ugly now.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-06-2002 at 12:30 PM

m00n said:

This is kind of the reason I hesitated to recommend these speakers to skonopa. I personally think it was worth the money. He may not. And sounds like you definitly don't think it would be.

Well, m00n - I'll find out for myself. I just stopped at the local Tweeter (the only dealer with Klipsch in this area) and asked if they had any RF-7s. They did not, but the salesman that I have been dealing with since my initial purchase went and requested a pair from thier main warehouse. He said I can pick them up on Wednesday and try them out at home. Unfortunatly, I have a 4 day Unix Sys Admin class (don't you love it - a software engineer that WRITES operating systems to take a class on administrating one!) from noon to 8 pm each day, so I may not get the chance until friday evening or saturday to actually try them out Frown.gif.

If I like em, I'll keep them and fill out the rest of my setup, otherwise, they'll go back - at least I'll get to try the RF-7s in my own home. Needless to say, I am excited about it, though!

Hmm, wondering if me and m00n seems to be copying off of each other as far as HT setups are concerned! I think our initial setups where purely coincedence, but I'll admit that I am copying off of m00n - well he had an identical setup as I have and he moved to RF-7s and really liked them, despite the much higher cost. Got to thinking if I ought to try the same thing myself.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

skonopa! Oh please stop it! Try them by butt. Those RF7s are as good as sold. Don't kid yourself. hehecwm27.gif

You will get them, set'em up, crank it and have a big'ol mushy stain in yer undies, and that will be it. SOLD!

Oh dude, if you have it, watch Star Wars The Phantom Menace. The opening THX entro with the lightning and the sound of glass shattering is BAD A$$.

Hell dude, trust me, just go buy them. You WONT be sorry. Just save yourself the trouble. You know your going to do it anyway.cwm12.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Na, I haven't even messed with it yet. I think they are set to large at the moment.

Actually I have been wondering what the best setup would be. Not to mention, I still need to figure out how to figure out the delay and set the speaker volumes correctly.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-06-2002 at 06:50 PM

Yep, I expected it would be one of those kind of answers. cwm27.gif

I have to get used to this way of thinking. I am used to the way of software engineering. It's either right or it's wrong. True or False. This whole, "well how does it sound to you" way of thinking has been hard for me deal with. I want the difinitive answercwm20.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

actually i better correct, standing waves can be heard as far as bass quality goes, just that we're not there to hear your system, & again your subjective tastes come into play. still haven't gotten my plane tic from you.
Biggrin.gif

Plane ticket?... Oh ya that's right cwm6.gif . Well after carefull examanation of my monitary funds, I realized that the m00n extravagaza was off. No m00n funds for tickets. However Kansas isn't that far from Oregon. Hop in that go go car of yours and drive on over. cwm32.gif.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-06-2002 at 08:21 PM

m00n said:

skonopa! Oh please stop it! Try them by butt. Those RF7s are as good as sold. Don't kid yourself. hehe cwm27.gif>

You will get them, set'em up, crank it and have a big'ol mushy stain in yer undies, and that will be it. SOLD!

Oh dude, if you have it, watch Star Wars The Phantom Menace. The opening THX entro with the lightning and the sound of glass shattering is BAD A$$.

Hell dude, trust me, just go buy them. You WONT be sorry. Just save yourself the trouble. You know your going to do it anyway. cwm12.gif>

Yeah, yeah, yeah Smile.gif. You are probably correct - knowing me, I'll end up getting them anyway. I am already playing the number games with my budget just to see where I can squeeze a few extra dollars to reduce having to carry a debt load. Most likely, will try to pay as much as I can during the "no interest/no payment" period, than just borrow against my line of credit at my credit union (only 8 1/2 percent). sure as hell am not going to pay no friggan 22 percent! Especially on a purchase that large! At the very least, I got 13 percent on my Discover Platinum! (Owww, is this going to hurt in the wallet! cwm25.gif)

Dude, to bad you live way out there in Oregon - love to sit down and have a beer with you someday Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

That's ma boy! Thinking like me... Running those numbers non stop in your head aren't you? hehehe. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was all I could think about for days.

Yep, a beer sounds good. Would be cool. Kind of a long drive though. cwm1.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Yessiree....looks like skonopa will be the newest owner of a pair of RF-7'scwm32.gif Once you have those in your house, your wallet loses - but your ears win. You won't be able to take them back.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

*** Alpha Testing Complete ***

skonopa, when you get these rf-7's tell me how they compare to your rf-3's. Also i see you have a denon 3802 how does that sound with rf-3's, particularily does it have that warm smooth sound. i have a yamaha rxv-800 and it's a bit bright and cold. well let me know.

joe

Joe said:

skonopa, when you get these rf-7's tell me how they compare to your rf-3's. Also i see you have a denon 3802 how does that sound with rf-3's, particularily does it have that warm smooth sound. i have a yamaha rxv-800 and it's a bit bright and cold. well let me know.

joe

As soon I get the chance and spend a few hours with the RF-7s, I'll let you all know what I think. As far as how my Denon sounds with the RF-3s. It does seem to have a warm sound me. I have listenend to a Yamaha RXV-800 once, but that was a little while ago (it was one of the recieves I was considering buying), but it has been a little while ago and I don't remember how it sounded. I used to have a Yamaha RV-702 (actually still do, but is is now sitting in the basement collecting dust until I figure out what I want to do with it - probably hook it up in the game room with the set of Yamaha speakers I had with it). I have never heard it through my RF-3s. It is not worth it to go through the hassle of unhooking everything just to see how that RV-702 sounds on the 3s. Hoever, to me, the Denon 3802 with these RF-3s really does sound good.

REFSELLER said:

Skonopa,

Tweeter in Freds. ,Va. ?

should have rf7's out....soon?

I am glad everyone here loves their Refs can you guess how many I sell?

A boatload...

How gratifying to hear someone else touting the 7's so wonderfully!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, a Tweeters in F'burg, VA. It is a BRAND new store - only opened up about 3 weeks ago or so. The dealer locator page says there is a Bryn Mawr here also, but than I was informed that Tweeter bought out the Bryn Mawr chain. I'll go check that address again, but they may be one and the same here. I can't wait to try out those RF-7s Smile.gif. However, I did not realize it at first, but found out that they are Black Ash. Most likely that particular pair will go back anyway, because I'd like to get everything in Cherry, which is what my REL is (plus it'll match the rest of my furniture much better). I should have asked if they could have gotten a pair in Cherry (would have saved an unncessary return, IF I decide I want to spend the extra money and go with the 7s). These 3s I have sure do sound awesome as is!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Skonopa,

Tweeter merged with bryn mawr @ 5 years ago ,they just got around to a name change last year(?)...

I have a friend who will be mnging their Bailey's store in @ 3 weeks...

Tweeter is, I believe the #1 Klipsch dealer in the country , and alsao sell lotso' denon and Rel...

If you need a name down there let me know, I'll call my friend.....

They can bring in the 7's in cherry if you want 'em to..

Okay guys! Here they are - a brand new pair of RF-7s sitting here in my living room, currently cranking out some music! I'll give these babies the work-out for the next week and then ultimatly make the decsion - commit and spend the $$$s or stick with my 3s.

My initial impression - they most certainly do sound better then the 3s. However, the 3s certainly can hold thier own. For those that can't afford or simply don't want to spend that kind of money will be very happy with a Reference 3 setup. Just as an interesting test, I hooked up an RF-7 on the left channel and an RF-3 on the right channel and sat in the "sweet spot" and gave them a listen. The RF-7 was overpowering the damn RF-3, not to mention it really did seem to have cleaner, more detailed sound to it. (is that what is ment by "imaging"?) It will be interesting to see how the rest of my setup would sound when and if it all becomes Reference 7.

If (and I have a feeling my ears are going to win and my wallet is going to lose - hell, i don't even have a wife to keep me in check cwm16.gif) I decide to keep the RF-7s - the rest of my setup will become Reference 7 (two RC-7s and two RS-7s). Like I said, I will play with these babies for the next week - any good recommendations on pieces of music or movies I should try? Hell, the manager of the store told me to keep them for the week and come back with my decision. If I do keep them, he already told me they'll take back all of the Reference 3 stuff I also have.

Right now, my living room looks like a friggan Klipsch Reference show room! Also, those RF-7s are behemoths. I may end up keeping them for the simple fact I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of packing them up and lugging them back out to my truck.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)