Paul Wilbur Klipsch 1904-2002

Let me add my name to the list of people who have been influenced by PWK's profound knowledge. I was fortunate to meet Mr Paul at his book signing and it was quite an incredible time. I am now glad I made the extra effort to be there.

My deepest condolences to the Klipsch family. While he may not be on this earth anymore, everyone who owns a pair (or two or three or thirty) of his speakers has a little bit of Mr Paul in their house. What an incredible legacy!! I'll play some Wagner on my Forte IIs for PWK tonight.

Colin-

Great idea on a charity donation. Tony, if you hear of anything along those lines, let us know.

Rob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sincere condolences to the Klipsch family on the loss of a great man. Paul Klipsch's legend will live on in the quality audio products he produced and the lives he touched.

Joe T.

Upon hearing this sad news I polished up my LaScalas paying particular attention to the small brass name-plates. I then chose Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" and I cranked it up loud. While listening I felt humbled by PWK's honesty, intelligence, and integrity which will live on in all our homes.

~ The Psalm of Life ~

by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Tell me not, in mournful numbers,

Life is but an empty dream!

For the soul is dead that slumbers,

And things are not what they seem.

Life is real! Life is earnest!

And the grave is not its goal;

Dust thou art, to dust returnest,

Was not spoken of the soul.

Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,

Is our destined end or way;

But to act, that each tomorrow

Find us farther than today.

Art is long, and Time is fleeting,

And our hearts, though stout and brave,

Still, like muffled drums, are beating

Funeral marches to the grave.

In the world's broad field of battle,

In the bivouac of Life,

Be not dumb, driven cattle!

Be a hero in the strife!

Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant!

Let the dead Past bury its dead!

Act,~act in the living Present!

Heart within, and God o'erhead!

Lives of great men all remind us

We can make our lives sublime,

And, departing, leave behind us

Footprints on the sands of time;

Footprints, that perhaps another,

Sailing o'er life's solemn main,

A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,

Seeing, shall take heart again.

Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait.

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

I just found this upon chance. This is truly saddening for me. I dreamed to one day get to meet the infamous Paul W. Klipsch, since 1999 I worked to follow in his footsteps, putting my time, money, and long nights into thinking of speaker designs, how to help out, and how to spread the word about Klipsch. Now we have lost him, one of the greatest people of our time. A man of high morale, intellect, and a man with a pure heart that it seems anyone could love. On the outside he looks like he could take on 50 large men, and ask for more, but behind that tough exterior we knew lay a man as kind as can be. I pray for the Klipsch family, and all those that he has touched.

I will be putting a memorial onto my site, if anyone wants to add something to it, and please do, email me at klipschter@yahoo.com

Goodbye Paul Wilbur Klipsch, you were an amazing person on earth, and now I guess it is time for you to share your wonder with the heavens. Everytime I hear a thunder crack, I will know you had something to do with it.

Goodbye and God Bless.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Paul, even though you have passed away, you will still live in our hearts. Whenever I see a Klipsch logo, it will remind me on how hard you must've worked your way.

98 isn't a young age to die. You have probably lived a happy life with a lot of fans. Every Klipsch piece of every board member here will be playing music all day for you. Thanks for everything. You have truly been a great man!

Live Strong, Die Well.

This is very sad news to hear. It is to PWK's credit that so many people have been affected by him and the company he founded so many years ago. I never met him, but consider him to be a true American hero. I will think of him when I listen to my Heresy IIs and KLF20s.

The last of the true geniuses of audio has left us with uncountable hours of musical pleasure. I admired him since I was a teenager in the 50s. He lived a full and amazing life and will be remembered by history for his contributions to the art of great audio reproduction. We'll all miss him.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

Well, there's not much more to be said than what has been so eloquently stated heretofore.

However, the one commonality is the MAGIC that his speakers possess. They convert the skeptical ... and mystify the unbelieving ... they are, as a legacy, the borderline to the netherworld where "was it live, or was it Klipsch?" lives on in a noble epiphany.

How many of us have posted comments similar to ... "I was 23 when I hear my first pair of Klipschorns ... and it changed my life!" It took me 24 years to accomplish that little goal in life, and I did it (without a LOT of understanding from my beautiful wife, whom I love without bounds) and my life is a more settled place for it.

My dad died a week ago Saturday, and PWK yesterday, and I don't think it's a coincidence that two great engineers passed in such a similar time.

The best part of these remembrances is that we do it as a community of PWK afficionados, and it brings us all together once again.

God bless you, PWK, and the happiness that you have brought to us all.

RIP

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

AES AE-25 "Superamp" (in temporary retirement)

AES AE-3 Pre-amp (in temporary retirement)

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

I too was saddened to learn of PWK's passing.

God gives each of us life on the off chance that we might change the world for the better in some small way. Some of us have more impact than others and visa versa.

PWK's contribution was to help bring beautifully reproduced sound into the privacy of our homes, making our lives somewhat more bearable in times of turmoil and uncertainty.

If I were St. Peter, I would pat Paul Klipsch on the shoulder and say, "Well done."

Dave

PS: At the moment, I am playing Beethoven's 9th symphony out of my LaScalas.

Paul W. Klipsch has lived a long, successful, and important life. I have never heard an ill word spread about him. He is truly a great man and it saddens me greatly that he is gone. For thousands of us, he will live forever.

My condolences to his family and friends. I hope that the legacy of Klipsch will live on and the company continues in the manner that Paul W. Klipsch intended over 50 years ago.

Long live Klipsch!

We will not forget you!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Rest in peace PWK. I first heard your klipschorns when I was 15 years old, it took me 7 years to save enough money to get a set. I have enjoyed them for almost 20 years, and will do so untill the day I die. Thank you so much PWK. Friday in memory of you I am going to play a couple of my favorite songs on my k-horns and yes they will be cranked up load so you can here them.I ask that everyone out there do the same this friday, PAUL will be proud of us. Will miss you PAUL but never forget you. Thanks for everything.