How do I get audio from my TV to go through my RF-82II's?

I have a new Denon 3312ci receiver and RF-82II speakers. The TV is connected to the receiver by a HDMI cable.

My CD player, Blueray player, and receiver tuner are playing through my RF-82II speakers but my TV is not.

Does anyone know what needs to be set to get the Television to play through the speakers?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Steve

I may not have a good answer in your case, but here are two examples of how I can send TV audio to speakers.

One, I have an older Sony Bravia with audio out RCA jacks and cables that I plug into an integrated amp.

That's probably what you want to try first. In that setup, I simply plug the leads into the amp's "aux" inputs. The Sony makes it easy; it adjusts its speaker's volume via a remote -- either its own remote, OR the Comcast cable co's remote. The latter is works internally with the TV's volume control, as I see the same TV volume change display with either the TV or the Comcast remote.

Two, a friend has a newer Samsung TV, Paradigm speakers, and a Rotel integrated. That setup is ridiculous, as the volume has to be adjusted on the Rotel by its remote. The TV's remote turns up its own speakers, which are terrible. Here's the kicker: the dealer tells me that TVs generally (including the Samsung) no longer let the TV volume control work on the audio out jacks to a separate amp! So, we are relegated to THREE remotes: the TV's; the amplifier's (to adjust the volume), and the cable co's to change the channel (Cable One). Rotel and Cable One apparently don't have a compatible "handshake" code for their equipment.

Good luck. BUT, it seems to me you should be able to connect L-R-audio leads between the back of your TV and the receiver.

Larry

The hdmi on your tv should be an input, not output.You plug your avr hdmi out into your tv. I would suggest looking for an optical out or coaxial audio out on your tv, plug that into your avr, then select that input.You can now watch tv as normal with no avr or turn on the avr, select tv input and listen through your stereo, good luck.

please define television. Are we talking sat, cable, digital over the air, or something else? Also what are you using for a monitor?

My "TV" is just a monitor, has no tuner and no speakers. Makes everything simple.

I took a look at the back of my TV which is a Panasonic TP-P54VT25.

All the ports are input. However, I do see one port that says "digital audio out". Is this a fiber optic port? Should I input this into the receiver?

Is there a special cable that I need to use in it? If so, what type of cable do I need to use?

Thanks,

Steve

It may look like an orange or black rca connection(if so it's coax) if it has a red light behind a little door it's optical(the tv manual will tell all).Just get the appropriate cable and plug into your avr tv/cable/sat input.

Edit, your tv has an optical output, get a cable the appropriate length.

Awesome. Its a little red light so it is an optical cable. TV owners manual did indeed confirm that a cable form this digital audio out is needed to listen to the TV through speakers.

Does anyone know where it will plug into on a Denon 3312ci AVR.

Thanks for all your help. I think this completes my new speaker / receiver setup.

Awesome. Its a little red light so it is an optical cable. TV owners manual did indeed confirm that a cable form this digital audio out is needed to listen to the TV through speakers.

Does anyone know where it will plug into on a Denon 3312ci AVR.

Thanks for all your help. I think this completes my new speaker / receiver setup.

I think any of the optical inputs on the back will work, and in the setup for the receiver you select the one you are using.

Link to your owners manual.

http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/AVR-3312CIE3_ENG_CD-ROM_v00.pdf