Yamaha RX A3000 aventage

Inkabodpain

I am looking to replace my working Pioneer Elite VSX 94TXH. Does need the latest firmware which I received a letter today so I can do that without being charged. I was shopping around and found what I believe is a great deal or not .You be the judge. I found a Yamaha RX A3000 Aventage for 648.00 which includes in the price a 2 year in store warranty after the manufactures warranty .It has too many things to describe . and 3d ready. 7.1 140 watts per channel,2 sub outs, internet connection for future firmware updates.Has 2 hdmi outs and about eight hdmi in I think.Anyway just wanted to know if yamaha aventage is a good brand compared to the pioneer elite series . But at 648.00 I still think I can"t go wrong. What do you think.

Inkabodpain,

I think that deal is a steal. Looks to be a top shelf receiver with very good reviews. I bet it is hard to find that Yamaha used for $650.00. I would be a little cautious though. Either way, $648.00 for a less than a year old "flagship"($1899.00 msrp) Yamaha receiver is a very good deal, new or used.

Bill

You be the judge, I had a new a1000 for sale here at $475(I think) delivered.It was spotless with a few hrs and remained for sale for months.I did finally sell it at less than asking and was glad to get it.Conclusion...these were way overpriced and are now priced at the most they could ever be worth, imo.If you like the sound(not me) and the most bizare set set up I ever saw the price is not bad.

Thats an amazing deal. We are clearancing them out at Magnolia, but they aren't that cheap yet. It is a good sounding amp too. I will say that I am a bit dissapointed with its power output. We had the A3000 receiver hooked up to B&W CM9 towers in one of our studio rooms, and you REALLY had to crank up the receiver to get in your face volume and stereo imaging. Of course, the CM9s are like 88db sensitivity while most Klipsch are 95 or higher. I will agree about the setup though. I originally installed it in our studio, and the settings were bizzare. It had a good graphic interface, but its software design was so "not typical". That being said, the receiver sounded great when you cranked it. I say it is a great deal and you should jump on it.

• Moderators

We had the A3000 receiver hooked up to B&W CM9 towers in one of our studio rooms, and you REALLY had to crank up the receiver to get in your face volume and stereo imaging.

That is pretty typical of most B&W speakers. They definitely need a beefy amp to bring them to life.