Now a proud owner of dark cherry RF-7s!!!!

Lpusedyou

Sweet! I just got a pair of dark cherry RF-7s and I love the finish and look of them! There's some unfortunate damage to the top right corner of the front of one of them but luckily the grill covers it completely. Haven't hooked them up yet to my system but I sure am excited to after work. They sounded great in the house I demo'ed them in before buying and it was definitely a less than ideal set up. He had one at the front right corner of the room and another where like a side left surround would go and no center channel (used the TV speakers for a center...wtf?). Anywho, I popped in some rap - sounded awesome. Popped in some older jazz - amazing. He put in a Celine Dion live concert DVD (lame...) but it sounded incredible. The clapping from the audience was so detailed and isolated. I was blown away. And his gear wasn't anything too crazy either. He had an older higher end Yamaha receiver that he said put out 100 wpc and an EQ machine which I turned everything to 0 (neutral) before listening.

Now I just gotta find a nice amp to put behind them and open em up. Oh and also get an RC-7 or RC-64 because I just have an RC-35 for now. So stoked!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys. I can't wait to get home and enjoy them. What does them being RF-7 classic mean exactly? I mean I knew they weren't RF-7II's before buying them but I didn't know much else past that. And I really do like the dark cherry color a lot. Looks even better in person. I just wish the top right corner wasn't damaged so badly. The screen covers it but still it's a tragedy. Here's a pic of it - yikes. The previous owner said he put the chunk of wood back in and used wood glue and a dark cherry stain to attempt to repair it... [:|]

There is no damage to the sound or components as far as I can tell. The woofer cones look perfect and the tweeter and horn area looks great.

post-49442-13819663595354_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Had seen that finish a few years ago in Hope, they were just trying out that finish. The said it was the hardest finish to get right of all they had tried. They said they were not even sure if it would make it into production because it was not easy to get like they wanted, but they finally did.

To me it's the best looking color I have seen on any new Klipsch, really nice looking in person. You got lucky. [Y]

Be-A-utiful!!! Wow. I really like those. Love my cherry original 7's, but those are gorgeous.

They remind me of "decorator" Heritage gear. Just stunning. If not for the corner blemish, the grills would never see the light of day in my house!!

Congrats!!

Ps- an added bonus is that 7s kick A LOT of tail in the sound department too!!!

Thanks for the background on the RF-7 line. I knew most of that but I actually didn't know the specific ones I bought were from 2009 or newer. I figured they were the old RF-7s but obviously they can't be. That's great news to me since that means they don't have an enormous amount of wear just yet (as least not as much as if they were from 2003 let's say). Yea it really is the best color I've ever seen on a Klipsch as well. I hooked them up last night and loved the added bass and depth of sound compared to my RF-82s. I can definitely tell I need to upgrade my center now though (currently an RC-35). I had to adjust that channel level up a few notches to compensate. Now I just gotta find me an RC-7 or RC-64. Only kinda bad thing is that neither come in a dark cherry of course so it won't be a perfect match but the good thing is that my center would be somewhat hidden except for the front/grill so it shouldn't be too bad at all. To be honest I wouldn't even care either way, I love these RF-7s already! Hopefully going to buy a used amp tonight. Either a Parasound HCA 1205A or Adcom GFA-6000. I know which one is better mind you but my budget and the seller's willingness to bargain will dictate which one I end up with.

Be-A-utiful!!! Wow. I really like those. Love my cherry original 7's, but those are gorgeous.

They remind me of "decorator" Heritage gear. Just stunning. If not for the corner blemish, the grills would never see the light of day in my house!!

Congrats!!

Ps- an added bonus is that 7s kick A LOT of tail in the sound department too!!!

Thanks again kind sir. Yea I think even with the corner blemish I might keep the grills off most of the time (except when my friends are all over playing pool and ping pong in the adjacent room connected by a half wall...they're animals that can't be trusted). The room they're in is very dark most of the time due to blacked out windows and dim lighting so you only see the corner damage when up close and looking at it. Can't really tell from the listening position.

On a side note - what do you think a good price for these is? Not that I'm at all uncomfortable with what I spent on them but I'm a curious dude. Chime in with what you would all individually pay for them if you were buying them used from someone. With knowledge of the corner damage of course because I knew that before buying as well and of course used to it to haggle the price a bit.