More Heresy III Sweetness

russ69

I got a Audio Research pre-amp from my brother for one of my other systems. Well after giving it some thought, I hooked it up to my Heresy system instead. I knew my amps were pretty good (Quicksilver mini-monos) so I knew the system would respond. Darn if it doesn't sound great. I don't know how many people have a high buck system hooked up to Heresys but it's amazing how well those little speakers work.

I just love my HIII's!

I am running an Anthem Integrated 225 amp ($1500 msrp) and a Marantz SA-11S1 SACD player ($3500 msrp) with mine, so I suppose one could call it a relatively high buck setup for the Heresy III, and I am continuously amazed at the performance of these little speakers. I love their midrange presence and their dynamic, live sound!! [Y]

I have my IIIs hooked up to a Carver receiver which is not high end. They do sound awesome on SACD, Frederick Fennell on Telac, with the on my new $25 goodwill SACD player. Also on Enoch Light Command lps with ping pong stereo they rock. I have a few original RCA shaded dogs, the Fiedler ones really shine, and the IIIs sound really nice on them.