Klipsch KG2's on St. Louis CL

michaelhigh

I keep my eyes peeled for Heritage Klipsch, and rarely have luck, as I'm not the only one valuing these amazing specimens. I answered an ad in STL CL for mint Klipsch KG2's, and was happily surprised to see the speakers as described rather than some facsimile of mint that some people think they can palm off as mint. Needless to say when I got home they went beside my Forte I's perfectly, run by my Sansui 8080DB. I can play them separately, for a completely different sound (tweeters, no horns, 2-way) or together with the Fortes for a powerful sound at reasonable volumes. I might set them up with a Kenwood KR-6030, 80 wpc, as they really synergize well with that classic. I'm doing well to find both sets for a total of $400. I love this country!

I keep my eyes peeled for Heritage Klipsch, and rarely have luck, as I'm not the only one valuing these amazing specimens. I answewd an ad in STL CL for mint Klipsch KG2's, and was happily surprised to see the speakers as described rather than some facsimile of mint that some people think they can palm off as mint. Needless to say when I got home they went beside my Forte I's perfectly, run by my Sansui 8080DB. I can play them separately, for a completely different sound (tweeters, no horns, 2-way) or together with the Fortes for a powerful sound at reasonable volumes. I might set them up with a Kenwood KR-6030, 80 wpc, as they really synergize well with that classic. I'm doing well to find both sets for a total of $400. I love this country!

I think you are going to find the 8080db hard to beat !

I conducted an informal shootout today (October 17, 2011) and the 8080DB won out over every receiver in my signature (much easier than typing them all out!)...It was a definite winner, restored by none other than Jeff Jackson, St. Louis Computronics, referred to me by Sheltie Dave! He's the man (both of them)!

I have to hang in the lower echelon of Heritage Klipsch, I'm not as well-to-do as some Khorn owners I know (!) I knew when I drove into the upscale area known as Dardenne Prairie (outside STL proper) to procure these beauties I'd be in for a treat...I'm eyeballing a set of KG1's right now, and time after time I'm amazed at how great even their BOTL speakers end up sounding. I don't find the need to thin the herd but I should be running out of real estate soon!