Clarity Cap Mr's

Jmodified

Just installed the Clarity Cap Mr's on the midrange circuit on my KLF-20'S last night. Any one else have experience with these? I had the Sonicaps first.

Sounded kind of thin, flat. Then the Clarity cap sa's. Liked them much more, more expansive sound stage however too much on the warm side with a slight lack of transparency. Swapped for the Clarity cap esa's and had the same tone with t touch more transparency. Great caps for the money, never thought i would spend more than that for boutique caps. Until my hobby got the best of me wondering how the Clarity cap mr's actually sounded.

Mr's are expensive little buggers coming in at 170 for the mid circuit alone. Initial listening is that these caps are worth every penny. I just cant believe how these have transformed my mids. The vocals are so (for lack of the correct audiophile terms) clean, clear, dynamic and sound like the singer is right there.

No grain in the vocals, smooth, detailed and very natural sounding to me. Just thought i would share my experience if anyone is contemplating the purchase of these. Unfortunatly i need a total of 8 for the tweeter circuit. Ouch that ones going to hurt. I have crites titaniums in the tweeters.

Have a great day!

I used the SA's in concert with a mundorf supreme in a 90/10 ratio on the mids for my Cornwalls and am very pleased.

Huge soundstage, little or no shout with great impact. I used Obligatto's on the highs and found them a bit laid back, but

then my hearing isn't what it used to be and I'd prefer that to sibilance and sssst....sssst. from the tweeter.

YMMV

Hibuck