Installed BrightFright Crites Ti in KLF-20, how about the KP-201

Dingman

Man, are those Crites' Ti's bright! I really like bright, so when someone here mentioned those Ti's, I checked them out and decided I needed a pair for my KLF-20's. Then, while ordering, I opted to get a second set either for a future set of KLF's or the KP-201's.

Installed the first set in the KLF's and wowsers! They are almost too high pitched (I'm sure that's the wrong terminology). but they might still be breaking in (if they do that). It does seem they aren't as bright as when I first put them in, but also maybe I'm getting used to them.

At any rate, I might put off a second set of KLF's and so was thinking about the KP-201's for the second set of Ti's.

But here's the deal- the KP's are in the basement, currently being used as front HT. That's OK but that basement room is still mostly concrete. Concrete floor with a rug, concrete walls with significant sound panels (LOL, I hung 6'x8' cheap carpets from Home Depot). But there's still exposed concrete and the KP-201's sound bright already down there.

I guess I might have answered my own question here. Maybe I should modify my question to ask:

Who else has installed the Ti's in HII's and do you think there will be as large of difference as in the KLF's, because the KLF's had the cheap poly right? While the tweeter in the KP-201's look like something different?

TIA

Dingman: good for you as you are dealing with your Klipsch sickness in a good and agressive fashion. More will always help, different is good just to see what things are like and too much will heal you. You are right that the KLF will benefit more by switching out the stock poly tweeter diaphragms for new Crites Ti`s than a Heresy two with stock phenolic diaphragms but the Ti`s will make the Heresy smooth and relaxed. Yes the Ti diaphragms do take some play time to settle down so if you don`t want to waste a bunch of time play them long and play them loud an you will get there a lot sooner than otherwise. You really should get a set of the Klipsch Ti mid diaphragms which to me have a much larger impact to the speakers sound. I have all Ti in Quartet Forte one and two KLF20 and have had the mids in my Heresy for a while and they have the CT125 Crites tweeters which are phenolic and excellent. My Heresy are of the last year before the H ll so they are similar. In all these speakers the Ti are smoother better behaved more extended more relaxed open and constantly have you hearing things you did not before and you can play at far higher levels without fatigue. They are simply better (to me) in every way I can think of. Install the Ti`s burn them in and then reposition your speakers. Be happy and thank PWK for building such a fine company who cares about you decades after you bought their speakers. Best regards Moray James.