SW112 does not auto power off?

Celso74

I feel your pain! I got 2 of them, and neither one of the auto positions work on mine. I just reach around and turn them off at night, but i agree they DO ROCK!!! I guess we could return them, but i"ve decided to live with it .

Not that i can think of... only increased power consumption, at least we all know its a common problem and each one of us can decide the best way to handle it. it doesnt appear to have any other issues in regards to the subs power amp or operation, I say forget about it and ROCK ON !!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked one of these up last night and have the same issue.

Maybe I'm just being overly picky but if I spend money on a brand new unit, then I expect it to work. And work perfectly.

Of those who returned it for a replacement, did the 2nd one work better for you or was it the same deal?

The owners manual for the SW-112 subwoofer indicates that when in the "AUTO" position, the subwoofer will automatically turn "ON" when it senses a signal. It will automatically turn "OFF" after 20 minutes with no signal. I had the same experience when I first used my Klipsch SUB-12HGB subwoofer. I panicked, but I then reread the owners manual. And sure enough, I timed the unit, and the light turned "RED" after 20 minutes. [H]