Good news (for some) if there is ever another Hope Pilgrimage...

AMTRAK has put Hope AR on the "Soon To Be Announced" station list, which means The Texas Eagle will stop in Hope. Good news for Pilgrimage attendees from Chicago, St. Louis, Oklahoma City (via Heartland Express), Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, and San Antonio.

The train currently goes THROUGH Hope, but won't stop.

Woo hoo! All aboard the PWK Flyer!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amtrak is a blast, you get a recliner seat, a 120v outlet, you can walk around, get a meal, watch America roll by. They don't treat you like a criminal and you can bring on 5 x 50 pound bags without extra charge. I got on board in Kansas city with a KPT250 on my shoulder and no one batted an eye.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I was looking at the new Texas Eagle Amtrak schedule, and Hope is indeed a stop now, with a 5:09am arrival from Chicago/St. Louis/Little Rock, and 9:20pm arrival from San Antonio/Austin/Dallas.

Sounds like The Klipsch Flyer, to me...

...if there's ever another Pilgrimage to a Place Called Hope.

I was looking at the new Texas Eagle Amtrak schedule, and Hope is indeed a stop now, with a 5:09am arrival from Chicago/St. Louis/Little Rock, and 9:20pm arrival from San Antonio/Austin/Dallas.

I wonder if it stops "close" to Indy? I think Lafayette has a station.... I'm sure Indy does as well.

I wonder if it stops "close" to Indy? I think Lafayette has a station.... I'm sure Indy does as well.

Amtrak offers a bus/coach connection between Indianapolis and Bloomington/Normal to catch this train. http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/650/716/Texas-Eagle-Schedule-050712.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I'll probably drive, though I'd love to take the train. Probably be me and Lonelobo again if Hope gets the nod. Dang sure hope more of you other deadbeats show up this time. While we thoroughly enjoyed the last one we were disappointed at the shortage of Forum Folk there.

For you REALLY on the cheap, I can likely offer floor space at the Texarkana Mallette Heritage site. Floor space as Lonelobo will have one bedroom and I'll have the other, but there's a back room and plenty of space in the grand dining room and living room.

Seriously... OTOH, it's only 30 minutes from the factory.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

A former coworker of mine took a six week Amtrak rail pass with his new wife. A long honeymoon trip across the northern U.S. Stopped and spent days camping along the way. Very cool trip and not too expensive IIRC.

Bruce

Hey [Colorphoto] you were in Kansas city and didn't even call me whats up with that..lol....probably in hurry huh? If we ride the train down what do we do for transportation after we get there. I know I could ride my bicycle but wife would probably kill me if I left her at the train station...lol...Rick

• 2 months later...