okay, I would just like to show off a bit,my 4, 2 channel horn systems last one high-powered

dmonte

I know there is a separate show your two channel system, so please excuse me.

First photo is my living room system.

K horns

9.5 W 300 tube amp

Paradise dac

HSU sub

65 inch Panasonic plasma

upstairs system

RF 7

1920 something Nathaniel Baldwin horn

Paradise dac

porch system

650 outdoor speakers

garage system [:)]

450 hp 2400 pounds 1965 backdraft cobra horns

my cobra has no radio and I could drive it for hours listening to the music that its side pipes make.

seriously enjoy it sounds as much is my other systems, a good part of the reason I purchased it.

By chance if someone has a mint pair of cherry RB 75 with nice stands and they would like to trade for my cherry 7s let me know

my upstairs system is producing ridiculous base because of the tri-corner so I'm taking of switching it out if I can find a good pair of 75,s

post-28009-13819664110618_thumb.jpg

Nice! When I got my KHorns, I got them unfinished birch so as to save a bit. After many years of putting off finishing them, I finally sanded and sealed them, but they still have no finish, so I look at pics like this and think that one day I'll either finish them or put a venier on them...

I like the garage system!!! Is it a real one or a kit?

Jay

Who cares, that Cobra is gorgeous!

thank you

no it's not a kit, it's a backdraft cobra produced by backdraft racing in a facility in South Africa a fully assembled vehicle using BMW M3 independent rear suspension and components minus engine and transmission. then shipped to the states to have whatever motor transmission combination you desire sky's the limit. Mine has a 450 HP Jack Roush addition.

they only made 23 actual, 427s/c AC cobras between 1965 and 67 bodies were produced in England and Carroll Shelby put ford big blocks in when they got here.which mine is a replica of.

Carroll Shelby currently also produces a replica and calls it a continuation but it's still a replica.

The lucky few that have the real ones their values in excess of $1 million each highest sale was for the super snake 427 cobra that sold at Barrett Jackson a few years back for 5.5 million

Three things:

First, do those Angels on that left Khorn skate around at volume?

Second, I love the Cobra! I came this close to buying one this spring in Charlotte. GREAT color!

Third, If Jack Roush says 450, it may actually be closer to 475.

1 not at all a little double-sided tape holds the Angels perfect.but how about the tube amplifier on top of my HSU sub[:o]

2 thank you, you should buy one next spring you won't regret it.

3 yeah Khorndog is a friend of mine he is just busting.just took it out yesterday sometimes it feels like if I pushed the loud pedal hard enough it wants to flip over backwards.

dmonte

Is your backdraft an aluminum bodied reproduction like the orriginals?

A good friend of mines brother died in his orriginal 427 super compitition Cobra when he wrecked it.

I have a set of headers from an orriginal cobra that had an orriginal of my avitar shoe horned into it, that is what your cobra needs.

Roger

dmonte

A good friend of mines brother died in his orriginal 427 super compitition Cobra when he wrecked it.

I have a set of headers from an orriginal cobra that had an orriginal of my avitar shoe horned into it, that is what your cobra needs.

Roger

Roger

Sorry to hear about your friend's brother that is a problem with cobras there are no more than a safer motorcycle.

first off there's no safety features like air bags side-impact protection .and people tend to want to power them like they're powering a regular car

these cars weigh between 2200-2500 pounds complete, 400 hp in one of these is like 700 hp in a new Mustang.

Too much and it's real easy to lose traction and get out of control superfast and end up like your friends brother, I always think of that when driving.

the only company currently making aluminum bodies is kirkam out of Utah which actually have them made in Poland.

Below is a video of one good example of overdoing it his pipes are too loud he has to wear earplugs, play it through your home system if you can good sounds

dmonte

Roger

Roger

Sorry to hear about your friend's brother that is a problem with cobras there are no more than a safer motorcycle.

first off there's no safety features like air bags side-impact protection .and people tend to want to power them like they're powering a regular car

these cars weigh between 2200-2500 pounds complete, 400 hp in one of these is like 700 hp in a new Mustang.

Too much and it's real easy to lose traction and get out of control superfast and end up like your friends brother, I always think of that when driving.

the only company currently making aluminum bodies is kirkam out of Utah which actually have them made in Poland.

Below is a video of one good example of overdoing it his pipes are too loud he has to wear earplugs, play it through your home system if you can good sounds

dmonte

Beutiful car by the way.

My friends only sibling, died in the cobra in 1969 I believe, going to fast in an unknown to him area, with a poorly marked, blind 90 degree turn, just after a slight hill. He destroyed the car into a large tree.

Having owned a 1969.5 Boss 302 mustang, and two 1967 390 fast bacck GT mustangs. My first car ever being one of the two and going through a built 390, a 428 Cobra Jet, a dual 4 BBL 427 Hi-Riser like in the thunder bolt fairlanes, and an orriginal iron 427 SOHC Cammer, I am a dedicated FE Engine nut, and as evidenced by my all Aluminum Shelby Block 527 SOHC build and the Cammer side exit headers someone stuffed into an orriginal Cobra, I orriginally planned to put my aluminum engine into a Kirkam body, but have since changed my mind and plan a Holman-Moody GT 40 Mk IV build instead.

I also own a V-Max Motorcycle with 3 inch over swing arm, 39 mm flat slides, header, ported head, dual stage nitrous with air shifter and have had my foot deep into a buddies 1400 HP 1969 Z-28 RS numerous times, but have never done more than sit in a Cobra.

Enjoy your car, and if you ever descide to go FE, give me a shout!! [;)]

Roger