DirecTV and DECA

USNRET

For DirecTv DECA users please advise.

I have been a DTV subscriber for about 15 years so that tells you that I am satisfied. I have had, at times, Dish and local cable installed to get a A/B/C comparison. I like DTV.

Now I am moving (down the street). New place is not networked with ethernet. I currently use a combo of wired, wireless and powerline.

I need to make a decision on what setup (supplier) I will go with. Grande is currently laying fiber and I am awaiting a call back from engineering to see when my new address might go live.

I was told by DTV tonight that they would give me Whole Home DVR service and up to 14 devices connected using DECA and my cable internet for $3 a month; no install fee.

Using DTV's DECA service can I network my current 13 devices using switches and wireless routers? As I see it the only wireless application would be a roaming laptop, everything else would be hardwired via DECA RG-6 and router/switch.

Stuff on the net currently using wireless router, wireless router used as switch, power line adapters and switches:

DTV DVR- wired

DTV DVR- powerline

DTV receiver - currently not networked but would see the DVR via DECA

Roku II - wired

Roku - powerline

Pre/Pro-wired

BluRay- wired

PC-wired

Mac Mini-wireless

Windows Laptop-wireless / wired

APC battery back up (protects my 2 channel setup) not on the system but I would want it there using DECA

Xbox 360-power line

PS-3-power line

Can DECA support this wired via RG-6, switches and a wireless router for the laptop to roam?

DTV says they will supply ALL the DECA devices I need.

Confused yet?

Edit: my typical speeds are 18mbps down and 1.7 mbps up using my service which I would not see any reason that that would lessen with the move. If the Grande install happens they promise 40 mbps down.