It's HERE :-) A Decade of Work - The Vision Is COMPLETE!!

Audible Nectar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's about time, really nice.

Uh-huh. Definitely late to the HD party. I put that off until I almost had to make a move, but used that time to get all audio isues worked out. The waiting enabled me in getting some really good video gear without paying exorbitant prices. This was a good time to buy - definitely a buyers market.

I read myself blue on AVS figuring most of the HD out, but the reading really brought results.

Yep - and good tube gear and tubes are more expensive than ever before - especially MC30s, vintage tubes, and even current stuff like VRDs go up in price over the years, because true quality iron for those amps go up in price over time. So I got most of my tube stuff years ago, and put off HD until it became more market saturated. So yes, that plan allowed me to get both ends with max bang for the buck on price.

Yep - and good tube gear and tubes are more expensive than ever before - especially MC30s, vintage tubes, and even current stuff like VRDs go up in price over the years, because true quality iron for those amps go up in price over time.

I would love to try some MC30s and some Quad IIs.

Bruce

it is like the rapture, except there is some of truth...

When it does happen, you will know the truth...but unfortunately it will be too late.

It was a joke youthman, if you dont recall the person who started this thread changed the title, yes we all know its coming, in the interim. believe in global warming, cars can drive alot further, birth control is a good thing. "oil" is more than just oil......and we all can go on and on......but if someone whispers in your ear you may not want to listen...... you just might believe it.....

I don't know much about the rapture, or mayan prophecies - but my subs might well have folks believing that one or the other is occurring[8-|]

I quit betting on football two decades ago (and I think of myself as knowing that topic well), but know little of the probability of a rapture event. I do know this - I'm not wasting any time waiting around for one - I would rather attempt to make sonic recreations of such as produced by various Panavision operators worldwide.....

It's funny you bring up the rapture v system comparison, because it has been a bit of "oh yeah, right" with respect to finishing this project. I have been telling myself and others that I was going to make the HD upgrade for several years now, and it was only when my old trinitron tube set died that I finally said "OK, I guess I gotta do it now". And then it was about 2 months of research interspersed with a room refinish that had me sans TV except for a 20" in the bedroom.. Making an educated choice was paramount, and I finally reconciled that info into a finished project. It did seem that "The End Is Nigh" and "I will finish my HT via an HD upgrade" were running at similar odds for a while, but all good things in all good time.

Finally, video that does justice to the audio. NOW it's a "theater".